PDA

View Full Version : sx diff drain?

pavementking68
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
my 250sx went through some deep water and the rear diff is full of water.i was wonder how i go about drain this,and what i refill it with.

BigReds Forever
12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
there is a drain plug on the bottom side, might have to remove the skid plate if its dented, but shouldnt have to. drain it out, might want to spray it out with some penetrating oil or something to get all the residual water out. Put the plug back in, then refill with 80-90 weight gear oil. Fill it to the bottom of the threads on the fill plug.

Tri-ZNate
12-30-2006, 01:44 PM
if you have water in there, drain it and fill back up. Easiest way is to open the cap and stand it on the wheelie bar (turn your gas off too). Then fill it back up, put the cap on and take it for a short ride or set the rear on a milk crate and go through the gears, reason being is you need to take it for a short romp to get the water left in there to mix with your fluid. Then drain again. If you have the milky look to it then keep repeating. Might take 4 or 5 tries to get all the water out. Use some 80w-90 oil

Dirtcrasher
12-30-2006, 02:31 PM
No matter how deep the water was, no water should be getting in there except through the breather hose way up high in the frame. Is your rubber boot torn??

pavementking68
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
yea the rubber boot had a hole in it.i have a new 1 now