PDA

View Full Version : Westcoast swinger restore ??'s

Orangecnty250r
12-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I got my west coast swinger for the 85 200r.

A few quick ??'s
Who does the westcoast swinger decal repros??

The carrier looks like its seized up in there....have it soaking right now

any quick easy suggestions to get that thing out without to much frustration.

mike from long island
12-29-2006, 10:38 PM
x-system does the decal reproduction.he also make polyurothane bushings for at least my 85 250r westcoast. i would image the 200r swinger is the same? i am not too farmilar with the rear end. by the way tire went out today as well.

by the way not sure if you want to do it this way. but i use a rubber mallat to get a carrier out one time. it doesnt hurt the carrier. but for a 200r project you might want another opinion :D

dirtface
12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Just for a piece of mind, I have bought Westcoast decals for all three of my swingarms off of X-system and was extremely pleased. My opinion, quality worthy of a ATC200R:lol:

Orangecnty250r
12-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks Guys....the swinger needs powder so I dont have to handle it with excessive care to start.... I just dont want to damage the integrity of it. The 200r started its life out as an 85 R 22 years ago....just the motor is different

mnnmaz
12-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Do you know if they make a westcoast swingarm for an 85 Tri Z, if so where can I get one? I would love a new aluminum swingarm with 3" ext....

dirtface
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
The Westcoasts were Chromoly steel, I'm pretty sure. The only aluminum swingarm that I am aware of is the Cal-Fab. Good luck finding either of them for a Tri-Z. And if you do, you better get ready to empty the wallet:lol:.

mnnmaz
12-29-2006, 11:20 PM
OH! that sucks... dont need to empty out the wallet need other bling first :D

mike from long island
12-29-2006, 11:27 PM
yes westcoast made a westcoast +2 that i know of. i have one and it took a few years to find and buy. i didt have to empty my wallet,because ebay was as crazy as it is now. after i bought mine i have only seen one other westcoast for a Z. it went for over $400 if memory serves me correctly.

mike from long island
12-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks Guys....the swinger needs powder so I dont have to handle it with excessive care to start.... I just dont want to damage the integrity of it. The 200r started its life out as an 85 R 22 years ago....just the motor is different

did the 200r come with the westcoast? or did you buy one seperate? either way you can always get another carrier if need be. lol also i used wood cut to fit in the opening to hit. plus i would lay the swinger on some soft,so when i hit it, it didnt take the hit the carrier took the blow.

Dammit!
12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Going for the restore on the 200R, eh? I remember you were debating wether or not to leave it gritty or polish it up.

Orangecnty250r
12-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Going for the restore on the 200R, eh? I remember you were debating wether or not to leave it gritty or polish it up.

Not going crazy with it yet and plan on keeping it a little gritty....I'd like to get the westcoast and those Dean Sundahl fenders on it for starters....I have a couple other major projects in front of it but I can take some time for a couple of bolt ons.....BTW I got the sweatshirt and love it :beer

mnnmaz
12-29-2006, 11:40 PM
ouch! 400 thats alot of cha ching! sure wish I could find one! Guess I have to look on ebay :( not a big fan of ebay! :D

Bryan Raffa
12-30-2006, 12:23 AM
ouch! 400 thats alot of cha ching! sure wish I could find one! Guess I have to look on ebay :( not a big fan of ebay! :D

and if triztunes finds it on there your all done :(