PDA

View Full Version : OHV stickers

vegas250rr
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I was wondering where you all mounted your stickers... I am dealing with this for the first time, but I dont want them on the plastics incase I take a "ride" and have to replace the skins... anyone got some creative mounts that are not! attatched to the plastics?

Billy Golightly
12-29-2006, 07:35 AM
I thought and thought about this on mine, and I came up with two suggestions:

Wrapped around the fork in between the top and bottom tripple tree. But I decided against it because I seem to change fork seals often.

Wrapped around the steering neck of the frame, where the original Vin # is. But I decided against that because of all the cables that would be rubbing on it.

I ended up just putting mine on the headlight bucket. Its $10 to replace it if I need to, so I just went ahead and did that.

vegas250rr
12-29-2006, 11:30 AM
I forgot to mention that Ca. stickers have to be on the LR corner visible to the outside to be legal.

mean350
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
how about making a couples pieces of plastic the size of the stickweras and then rivet them on to the plastic

vegas250rr
12-29-2006, 01:24 PM
thought about that , but decided against it because they are factory fenders. (stitched, but still) no sense in putting even more holes in em

Tecate250
12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Around here we just put our plate under the seat on the air box. My bike is not regastered so I don't have to worry about this. And if the cops ask, you have replaced all kinds of plates and they get expensive.

Ryah
12-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Take a piece of PVC pipe and cut out about 1/3 of it. It snaps on between the tripple clamps. You can take it off to work on the forks when needed. Cheap and easy. I've been able to get away with this for years. It's actually the law for the motorcycles but, rangers have never hassled me for it.