PDA

View Full Version : Desert Race airfooler R

firefirefire90
12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone. I am wanting to go down to Ocotillo to really get the trike in gear, granted I have a year to do it, and I do not currently have the trike in my possession but I do have a CR250R(93) front end AND a CR250R rear shock. Hmm...what should I do with that. I need some help. How could I attach a rear shock from a CR250R on to a 1983/4 250R swingarm? Anything logical that I can do? All that I can think of is grinding it down or making spacers. I also need to know what pipe i should run. I want to leave the engine Stock for reliability but I know the suspension is my main DEAL here. I will probably also go Hi-Flite on the seat and a BIG OL' TANK. Any ideas? Thanks.

Nick

Kintore
12-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I did a thread on this, Click here (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=47376&highlight=baja+1000)

Check it out, any questions? :beer

firefirefire90
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Well one way or another, this airfooler I am getting will be taken out there...wether it likes it or not is its problem!

Why do you say, go with a miltech swinger? Do you not think the stock one could do the job?
Also with the lights, does ricky strator make a kit for the airfooler? I saw a pretty cool Dual-Light set up.
I was looking at beadlocks, but what about re-enforced rims?\
Top end rebuild or just new top end(sleve, head, piston)?
I know I will change the gearing A LOT for A LOT more top end, but what gearing would you run?
I would like A set up for the front forks like SPeedbumps and JUST buy the Tripps cuz I already have the forks...unless they have changed over the years....sh*t....LOL.
Tires? I was thinking of 20"? Maybe 22"? I know it needs to be durable but most quads are running Maxxis Razor Tires..

I've been giving this much thought...I'll be right back though...Burritos!