PDA

View Full Version : Trust the oh wise ones

bigred1981
12-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Whatsup ya'll.. Really found out that installing the full cobra system on my 350X not only sounded horrid, but I pi$$ed off the neighbor with it. Even with my helmet on with a beanie on underneath, it was still too F....n loud. I commend all you wise ones on here for telling me not to do it, so I put the supertrapp back on, but not before grinding the welds on the stock headpipe which seems to make some bit of difference. I'm planning to buy a set of diffuser discs to add to it(running 8 right now). The tuning guide says that I need to rejet from stock when using more than 8.. so I'll check into that when the time comes. Thanks ya'll for listening. Words from the wise.. trust the fellow trikers on here because they know what works.. and what really doesn't. peace out

Chucky

p26575r16
12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Yup, I too found out the hard way. I had a complete dg exhaust on my 350x, but whoever owned it prior to me did a horrible job of installing it and basically ruined it, so I bought a brand new cobra exhaust system. I have hated it since day 1. It is anoyingly loud and does not even have a good tone to it. I also jetted the trike to run correctly with the exhaust, but noticed a very negative change in performance. So, with all of the engine mods I am doing I have decided that I am going to fabricate a high flow header pipe and use a 450r muffler. I will definately be selling the cobra system. I would not reccommend them to anyone.

random-strike
12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
is it like no muffler loud/obnixous???

i almost bought one for my 350x, but i didnt bother reading about it i just wanted the one that came with the bigger headerpipes

p26575r16
12-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Random-Strike, It is very loud and sounds kind of tinny, like a really cheap glasspack on a one cylinder engine. My brother came out a couple of months ago and we went riding, he wanted to ride the x so I rode the sportsman. I made him ride behind me because it really was loud and very obnoxious (kind of made me feel bad that I had ran it that long without really noticing it). And, I could still here him like he was next to me. I would reccommend if you are interested in a cobra exhaust just find someone that has one and hear it for yourself.