PDA

View Full Version : We Have A Winner!!!

MyMistress86R
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
For the "*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* of the Year" award...

ME!!

After 15 hours of fighting with my rear brakes and being ready to shoot myself in the head, I found out that a 10 minute fix was all that was wrong.

When I took my master cylinder apart to rebuild it, I swear I payed very close attention to the order of parts, but apparently not close enough. I had the upper seal and spring reversed, with the upper seal clear at the top of the chamber and the spring between it and the piston. DUH!!! :mad:

If I didn't know better, I'd think karma was trying to tell me I'm too stupid to own my own trike. :crazy:

Bryan Raffa
12-18-2006, 10:21 PM
been there done that! ha ha ha

84honda200s
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM
ouch man bin there done that. only i was hlaf asleep and i put my axle in backwords lol

Billy Golightly
12-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I had a similar problem for the front, except the little screw on the lever that pushes on the piston and adjusts how far the lever is from the bar, was turned all the way IN and wasn't moving the piston enough to pump fluid :rolleyes:

Kintore
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
LOL good thing you found in Todd!

max
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I guess well see you at Wellsville then on the 1st. Hip hop horay!!!:drool:

MyMistress86R
12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
UPDATE

Once I got a chance to mount everything back up and plumb it (i ripped the entire rear brake system from pedal to caliper off the wheeler out of frustration) I spent about 15 minutes bleeding out and now I have MASSIVE brake action.

Thanx Josh...definitely a lesson learned that will NOT be repeated.

Max...You better believe I'll be there. I've even got night lights now! lol