PDA

View Full Version : 1984 3 wheel tour

Huffa
12-18-2006, 02:24 AM
What is this tour referring to, a race series or what?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/ATCtourshirt.jpg

Dave223
12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
hey where did you find it? I wanted to order one a while back and lost the link!

As for the tour...dunno I did a small tour of the woods behind my house the one time my 84 ran:p

Huffa
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
hey where did you find it? I wanted to order one a while back and lost the link!

As for the tour...dunno I did a small tour of the woods behind my house the one time my 84 ran:p

Probably never was no tour, makes the shirt worth even more :lol:

I purchased it (don't have it yet) on ebay for $15+10 shipping. 15 seems a fair deal for the shirt but 10 a bit high for shipping but for the few ATC shirts you see, I'm not gonna :cry: over a few bucks.

Want me to ask them if they have any more or should I just PM you the store link on ebay? They sell all kinds of cycle stuff.

How do you pronounce Houma :wondering (hewma?) (uma) (You Ma)

tecat-z
12-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Bought two of these at my local Yamaha dealer about 5 months ago. They were ordered through Parts Unlimited i believe. Then a couple buddies ordered a couple since they were so cool. The counter jockey said they were on clearance which is why i bought two. All i know is that back in 84 the trikes ruled off road racing and recreation since the R burst onto the scene in 81 and the rate of popularity each year was taking the WORLD by storm. Boy, if we could only have had a few more years of development by the big three. Cant imagine a 4th gen R, 3rd gen T3, or a 2nd gen tri-z. So sad. But the shirts help let everyone know where we stand, and where it all started.

mike84bigred
12-18-2006, 08:17 PM
YES! I would definitly wear that in public.

Huffa
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Bought two of these at my local Yamaha dealer about 5 months ago. They were ordered through Parts Unlimited i believe. Then a couple buddies ordered a couple since they were so cool. The counter jockey said they were on clearance which is why i bought two. All i know is that back in 84 the trikes ruled off road racing and recreation since the R burst onto the scene in 81 and the rate of popularity each year was taking the WORLD by storm. Boy, if we could only have had a few more years of development by the big three. Cant imagine a 4th gen R, 3rd gen T3, or a 2nd gen tri-z. So sad. But the shirts help let everyone know where we stand, and where it all started.

I guess that is just a cheapo iron on decal and not a print, is that correct?

Looks that way to me but not positive.

A few other ?'s..........Wear yours much? Hold up good? Is that any particular machine on there? Sort of looks like an R, but not sure?

tecat-z
12-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Yea, it's just a iron on print of a 83-84 R. But the shirt has held up great and looks awesome IMO. It was made be answer i would guess a year or so ago. Silk screening does hold up better over time, but as with any one piece heat decal they shouldnt be put in the dryer. Cool that they made them though and thats why i bought two. Because one day the one i currently wear will be a garage RAGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! gotta have backup.