PDA

View Full Version : Is this a ATC or TRX bills silencer

hrc200x
12-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Got this silencer off ebay awhile ago, can hardly remember the auction, but I'm pretty sure it said trx250r silencer or I wouldnt' have bought it. If I hold the mounts tight to the mounting points on the frame right where the silencer goes from small pipe to large aluminum it hits the frame as seen in pic. If I slip the silencer all the way onto the pipe I need to pull it out a bit to get the mounting holes lined up, plus the bottom silencer mount is about an inch away from the frame, maybe it needs a factory hanger? This look similar to any of you guys's Bills silencers that have them on ATC's?

The rear mounting hole doesn't mount in the grab bar, there is a frame mount behind the thing bolted to the silencer

x.system
12-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Almost all silencers use a factory hanger for both positions. The only one I know of that is a direct bolt on is ESR's silencer. I would bet thats a trx silencer seeing that its that close.

ceaserthethird
12-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Nice .... Does it sound like gun shot's ?

I say TRX ... i'll look at mine ...

maggiesboy
12-17-2006, 06:53 AM
use the factory hanger, you'll be tip top :D

hrc200x
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
For the factory mount I'm missing, do I need a nut and bolt, or is the factory one supposed to have a welded nut to it?