PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make A O-ring Chain Longer?????

YT125H
04-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Is there half links for an o-ring chain or could you just use regular ones

thanks

FullBore
04-18-2003, 03:57 PM
I don't think you can, an o ring chain is sealed and thats it, I've never had one with a split link in it.

Nat

YAMAHA_Jim
04-18-2003, 09:06 PM
I dont know if they make half links for o ring chains but,,,O-ring master links are a pain in the arse. I can never get the clip on with the orings in place so I usually leave them off.

NCyt125
05-11-2003, 04:09 AM
You make it longer by adding links and if there isnt a master link you need to push a pin out and add more links.

Ace Mon
05-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Well I usually go to a place where I can get good traction rev up my R and dump the clutch . After a good session your chain will be nice and streched out . :)

broook
05-11-2003, 09:20 PM
To replace the clip on an o ring chain, use a small socket and a 2 or 3 inch c clamp.
Place the socket on the leading part of the link and tighten with the clamp. Then put the socket on the trailling end of the link and tighten again. Do this a couple of times and the clip will go right on. :)
Don`t worry about the link coming out after you take off the clamp as they are very tight.
We use this method on m/cycles all the time.
Should take about 2-3 minits.

Bob Brook
Newfoundland
2 - 86 big reds and a cbx.

whiteman350x
05-11-2003, 11:00 PM
There is a nifty little tool called a chain link press that is just the trick. You can get them from Dennis Kirk. Once I got mine don't know how I ever lived w/o it. Makes installing an o-ring masterlink a 2 minute stress free job. Even comes w/ the allen wrench to tighten it on to the chain.