PDA

View Full Version : Question about New Rims and Offsets

Meat-BoX
12-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Im looking for new rims for my King Quad and I know this is a Trike thread but I figured it could be educational. Im looking for offset rims to give it a wider stance but dont understand the #'s
Heres what the guy said about these MotoSport Climax rims im looking at.

THE NORMAL RIMS WOULD BE A 5+2 OFFSET, BUT I CAN DO THE 2+5 OFFSET TO GIVE YOU ABOUT 3 INCHES WIDER

What im wondering is what is the 5+2 and why is 2+5 more offset? Once I figure this out and get new rims for the quad I want to get some nice Sport rims with a good offset for my 86 200x. What is a good offset rim for my 200x The rear end on the x is way to skinny. I will need some spacers allso.

super90
12-16-2006, 02:49 PM
A wheel offset is just the distance from the very end of the rim on the inside, to the mounting surface. This site has a pic and some info. Just scroll down a couple inchs to wheel offset. http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Dave223
12-16-2006, 02:50 PM
5+2 offset means 5" behind the mounting surface with 2" sticking out front. 2+5 means it would be 2" behind the mounting surface with 5" inches sticking out. So if you had 2 inches on each side before and you went with 5" on each side. You would end up 6 inches wider.