PDA

View Full Version : Rare Vintage Honda ATC moto shirt ?

Huffa
12-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Just curious what you think this is worth?

It is a true vintage shirt, not a reproduction. A friend of a friend has it.

My guess is at least a $100 if not more? Size small.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/HondaATCshirtcool.jpg

chris200x
12-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Hmm. My guess is repo. $9.95 at any thrift store.:D Hard to tell what this stuff is worth anymore. a vintage ATC helmet went for over $200 a few days ago on ebay. :eek:

Huffa
12-16-2006, 07:28 AM
No comment like....... WOW, that's really nice!, guess you don't like it, too bad cause I was going to get it for you but since you don't seem nuts over it, I won't offer it to you then, Oh, wait a minute, YOU can get it at a thrift store anyway

:twisted: Merry Xmas to you to :twisted:

What are you doing up so early anyway, go back to bed .

I'm up early because I'm going shopping.................................at the thrift store :lol:

chris200x
12-16-2006, 07:33 AM
:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: All of a sudden I love it! :D You know I'm only playin witcha buddy! :wondering

I think I would look good wearing a size small shirt. Don't you?

Oh, about being up early.. never to early to start harrassing you! I don't think the jersey will go good with your suspenders. :eek: :twisted:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/DSC03358.jpg

Huffa
12-16-2006, 07:35 AM
I know, I just love to keep you on your toes though and wondering if I am really pissed :lol:

Now go have your 14th BM !! :beer

A small would look hilarious on you, then again on me too :rolleyes:

Everyone sleeps too late, I think we are usually the 1st ones on in the morning.

:mad: Get UP , you lazy bast ............

Huffa
12-16-2006, 07:42 AM
:eek: :lol: All of a sudden I love it! :D You know I'm only playin witcha buddy! :wondering

I think I would look good wearing a size small shirt. Don't you?

Oh, about being up early.. never to early to start harrassing you! I don't think the jersey will go good with your suspenders. :eek: :twisted:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/DSC03358.jpg

The suspenders are blue so that's a plus, HEY :eek: I can put my little ATC pin on them, yea, they will be my trick ATC suspenders.

Now that I wear them, belts suck, I look like a farmer though. :lol:

Billy Golightly
12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
I have two similar to that, but they don't have the team Honda parts. I've got a much older vented jersey from the early 80s (might have come from the original Baja 1000 team the way it looks) that does though.

Anyways, on yours, is it new? If it is, probably 55-$60 and if its used $45-50 is what I would call a fair market value on it.

ChrisD
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I have a new, unworn, size large one like it I bought off of ebay a couple years ago for $40. It is a Hondaline jersey, not a fake. I would guess that it would be worth $50 like Billy said. That's a little more than jerseys are going for. The only limitation he has is that it's a small. If it were a more common size you never know when someone "just has to own" something.

XTrumpX
12-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, that's really nice :p
Can you take a pic of the tag? I can narrow down to when it was made.

Huffa
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Wow, that's really nice :p
Can you take a pic of the tag? I can narrow down to when it was made.

Will do, once I get it that is. I found it just surfing the net and (friend of a friend was a lie), was afraid to mention that for fear of someone snatching it up but hours later I decided to buy it myself.

Huffa
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I have two similar to that, but they don't have the team Honda parts. I've got a much older vented jersey from the early 80s (might have come from the original Baja 1000 team the way it looks) that does though.

Anyways, on yours, is it new? If it is, probably 55-$60 and if its used $45-50 is what I would call a fair market value on it.

Good guess Billy, I paid $50 for it. No, it's not brand new as in never worn but looks great for a mid 80's (just a guess) ATC shirt. Can't be too many nice ones around anymore, I would think.

Aussieduner
12-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I still have my racing nylons from when i was a teenager on my XR75 at the mini bike clubs,they were made by Australian manufacturer Tycon.

Aussie D

XTrumpX
12-17-2006, 01:41 AM
I still have my racing nylons from when i was a teenager on my XR75 at the mini bike clubs,they were made by Australian manufacturer Tycon.

Aussie D
Wow, got to gets me one of those aussie pants. What year, around 93?

Billy Golightly
12-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Good guess Billy, I paid $50 for it. No, it's not brand new as in never worn but looks great for a mid 80's (just a guess) ATC shirt. Can't be too many nice ones around anymore, I would think.

I think you did good! It would definitely be worth more if it were a more adult size, Large or X-large. Probably around $75-80 if it were in those sizes would be my guess maybe more.

Aussieduner
12-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Wow, got to gets me one of those aussie pants. What year, around 93?

Early 80's my friend.

AD

Huffa
12-17-2006, 07:29 AM
I think you did good! It would definitely be worth more if it were a more adult size, Large or X-large. Probably around $75-80 if it were in those sizes would be my guess maybe more.

Yea I agree, and wish it would have been a medium at least but it's for collecting only, not like I was going to wear it.

I'd love to test the value of it on ebay but don't want to part with it.

HMMM, I may do that, just put a high reserve on it. I can always click on completed items though and see what they (simular ones) went for, yes, I'll do that instead............be back.

Huffa
12-17-2006, 07:31 AM

Aussie D

Your Carlsberg shirt goes perfect with it!

Huffa
12-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey all, I'm doing pretty good lately with finding fairly cheap, nice finds :Bounce

I just won this hat for $5 + 5 shipping . Not brand new of course, actually said it was well worn but looks OK to me. I'll bet the sewn on label is worth 10 bucks??

Sort of odd hat though as the brim of it looks so short? Not? :wondering

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/ATChat.jpg

Teeksoffroad
12-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I got this same one last year in the bag on eBay for $25. It was a medium too. My 8 yr old wears it. It's long but should last him a few more yrs. Too bad it's all mud stained now.

chris200x
12-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I got this same one last year in the bag on eBay for $25. It was a medium too. My 8 yr old wears it. It's long but should last him a few more yrs. Too bad it's all mud stained now.

Oh God... Don't be telling huffa that! :rolleyes: I bet some bleach should take care of those stubborn stains. :eek: :twisted: :lol:

i see those old school "farmer" hats on ebay quite often. That would be something to display on the shelf in the shop I would think?

so what's next Huffa... Some Hondaline riding pants to go along with your new found treasures. See, I told you.. you should of bid on that helmet last week.

Teeksoffroad
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I think those shirts are worth more. I just got lucky, only one other bidder. I have all my ATC clothes from back then and I wanted him to have some. He wears that shirt all the time.

Huffa
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh God... Don't be telling huffa that! :rolleyes: I bet some bleach should take care of those stubborn stains. :eek: :twisted: :lol:

i see those old school "farmer" hats on ebay quite often. That would be something to display on the shelf in the shop I would think?

so what's next Huffa... Some Hondaline riding pants to go along with your new found treasures. See, I told you.. you should of bid on that helmet last week.

Bid on the Helmet? :cry: Way out of my price range, you could afford it though.

Huffa
12-17-2006, 02:40 PM
While we are talking vintage here, I still have my MX (one of them) jersey from 1975.

Anyone interested in that and if so I will even autograph it, that will certainly up the value of it for sure or would it decrease the value? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC03440.jpg

Also have this 76 vintage picture of a guy on a Honda Elsinore 125 that was lighting fast but can't remember who, wait a minute, that's me!

.....................(note the perfect form) ................................................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC03442.jpg

I got a second that day, it was sweltering hot. That's when they had manly 25 minute motos, not the sissy 3 or 4 laps like they have today.

chris200x
12-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I'll start the bidding off at .o2 cents! Dude... your too freakin funny!!! :beer

I think that vintage MX jersey is probably worth more (unsigned:crazy: ) than the ATC jersey. I think there is more demand. IMO

Huffa
12-17-2006, 03:49 PM
I'll start the bidding off at .o2 cents! Dude... your too freakin funny!!! :beer

I think that vintage MX jersey is probably worth more (unsigned:crazy: ) than the ATC jersey. I think there is more demand. IMO

The jersy even has a tad of 1975 dirt on it yet, how about a 99 cents we start it off at?

Huffa
12-17-2006, 03:50 PM

Lets see it.

ChrisD
12-17-2006, 05:53 PM
These are pretty rare. I haven't come across too many pairs. I have one pair, size 32 waist

Huffa
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
These are pretty rare. I haven't come across too many pairs. I have one pair, size 32 waist

Nice, real nice, look brand new!

Where are you at in NY ?