PDA

View Full Version : no spark 200s

hondahaulic
12-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey, i was riding my 84 200s a couple weeks ago and started having spark problems. it started cutting out a little, and it would die, and i'd have about a 50/50 chance of it starting again. then it finally went to no spark at all.

I tested the stator with my ohm meter, and it seems to be ok. I checked the spark plug wire and made sure it had good connection on both ends, and it did. I checked the killswitch and the spark plug itself too, they are both fine. When i was running it, I was running without the pulse generator cover and thats when i started having problems too, i think maybe that had something to do with it. Im stuck on what i need to do next.... I plan on checking the grounds but I think they are all ok. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

hondahaulic
12-16-2006, 03:29 AM
anybody.......?

bigreddaddy
12-16-2006, 03:49 AM
Did you check your coil?

trikes4life
12-16-2006, 11:52 AM
with out a pulse generator cover...OMG.....check you gap on the pulse generator...

hondahaulic
12-16-2006, 01:23 PM
yea i know it was pretty stupid to ride without the pulse generator cover but i thought i'd only ride around the yard a minute.... but anyway i tried to check the gap on it but it didnt look adjustable to me, the screw holes didnt look like they were slotted. i thought the gap looked like it was about right, but ill check my clymer to see how it says to set it.