PDA

View Full Version : Low profile sliders Ohtsu Tires '85 - '87 era

on z throttle
12-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm assuming they don't make them anymore. But does anybody make anything Simulair to them besides Hoosier?

:wondering

firefirefire90
12-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep. Carlisle Turf Savers. Very good tires. And cheap.

on z throttle
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Yep. Carlisle Turf Savers. Very good tires. And cheap.

Thanks Fire.

Do you or anyone know if they are constructed the same and handle the same as the old school ohtsu tires?

firefirefire90
12-14-2006, 11:06 PM
not to sure on how they handle myself, ask some of the racers here on the board. If you need some, I have some old H-tracs laying around if you need em.

on z throttle
12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
not to sure on how they handle myself, ask some of the racers here on the board. If you need some, I have some old H-tracs laying around if you need em.

What size are they. Do you have any pics?

firefirefire90
12-16-2006, 06:30 PM
yeah I do...they're approximately 17". I will PM some pics to you later...Can't get them at the moment.

on z throttle
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
yeah I do...they're approximately 17". I will PM some pics to you later...Can't get them at the moment.

Cool thanks. I'll be waiting for your PM, please don't email me my account is screwed up.

Are they dry rotted at all?

Thanks again:beer

Bryan Raffa
12-17-2006, 06:01 PM
ya they look like these minus the tred..LOL:rolleyes:

Dirtcrasher
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Maybe Carlisle will work for you, I've always found that cheaper tires don't seal at the bead area and get sidewall leaks easily. I always pay the extra 20$ a tire and buy XC's XCR's or whatever fancy letters they give to the more expensive tire. I do ride in alot of rocks, ruts and very uneven terrain - not to mention my MX track......

Nothing is worse than a damn tire that won't hold air, and tubes are useless.

on z throttle
12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
ya they look like these minus the tred..LOL:rolleyes:

Where did you find those tires, do you have any for sale?

deathman53
12-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I have those tires also, they aren't good for anything, BUT flat track use.

firefirefire90
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Better take a second look at my number 1 tyre doofus. LOTSA tread. The second one...I will agree...no so much. Bryan can lick some nutz LOL.

on z throttle
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM

Hey deathman53 do you want to sell a pair, or know where I could pick up a set?

Bryan Raffa
12-17-2006, 10:59 PM

and haspin's MX track!:naughty: of corse when it dont rain!
ha ha ha fire fire fire.. just bustin on ya buddy,,,,:lol: :lol:

on z throttle
12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey firefirefire90 I'm just checking to see if you still wanted to sell your tires.

firefirefire90
12-18-2006, 09:16 PM
oh

Ooops sorry I've been completely sidetracked. They might be spoken for already but I could try to take em off the rims and sell them to you if that does not go through. I just went through the tires(Yeah sounds a lil funny) and completely thoroughly cleaned them with a toothbrush. Yeah i'm anal about stuff like that so the pics sent to you in next PM do not show how nice the tires actually are. Do you need the tires before christmas?

on z throttle
12-18-2006, 09:36 PM
oh

Ooops sorry I've been completely sidetracked. They might be spoken for already but I could try to take em off the rims and sell them to you if that does not go through. I just went through the tires(Yeah sounds a lil funny) and completely thoroughly cleaned them with a toothbrush. Yeah i'm anal about stuff like that so the pics sent to you in next PM do not show how nice the tires actually are. Do you need the tires before christmas?

I hope your buddy doesn't want them, because I deafalently want them:drool: .

Thanks