PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating a Honda 110 & 125 frame. A few ?'s

Huffa
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
If I have the frame already to go, as in freshly sandblasted, how much approx should I expect to pay for a PC job? It would just be the stock black color.

When they prime it, is thet PC'ed too?

I'm from Slatington PA..........anyone know a place close by that has reasonable prices? Anyone on HERE live close by and do PCing?

Even if I had to ship it to you, it might still pay to do so, since the frame is so small, maybe?

Dammit!
12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
No primer required with powder.

At the place I use out here I'd expect to pay fifty to sixty for a 110 frame.

Huffa
12-13-2006, 04:19 PM
No primer required with powder.

At the place I use out here I'd expect to pay fifty to sixty for a 110 frame.

No primer with PCing............I never knew that. So why not?

ATC-Eric
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
They put a current of electricity through the metal for the powder to stick. Then they cook it at around 400 degrees for a bit. The powder goes straight on the metal, no need to primer. I beleive no primer because the powder wont stick to the metal as well when theres already a coat of paint. Just make sure you get it to the coater soon, dont want rust to deal with.

mymint87
12-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Stock Frame?....hmm........ tend to flex.....wouldn't powdercoat it, only to have it flake and crack off:welcome:

Huffa
12-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Stock Frame?....hmm........ tend to flex.....wouldn't powdercoat it, only to have it flake and crack off:welcome:

They tend to flex ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/Tom110TopView2.jpg

ATC-Eric
12-14-2006, 03:44 AM

If its a good powder job, it shouldn't just "flake" and crack off. :welcome:

Huffa
12-14-2006, 06:38 AM

That's what I would think, the painter was most likely the one that was a bit "flaky".

mymint87
12-14-2006, 10:49 AM

application won't be the fault of the failure:postwhore :welcome:

mymint87
12-14-2006, 10:54 AM
That's what I would think,

Thats fine, if thats what you think......powdercoat away....:w00t:

but don't deny that stock frames dont twist and flex somewhat.....:TrikesOwn

powdercoatings are like epoxies, they won't flex and when applied to a flexible surface......they fail:postwhore :banned: :welcome: