PDA

View Full Version : Ride report

Yamahauler
12-11-2006, 08:45 PM
I went out riding today with my little invention, the ski that straps to the tire....IT SUCKS

actually it was pretty sweet and i could turn on a dime, but i need to build walls for it or something becuase the tire kept slipping off the ski when i went through deep snow and tried to turn.

So, i ditched the ski after about 15 minutes. and I just used my crappy ass carlisle turf buster (that ive been meaning to change) the thing is like one of the saucer boards that you go down a snowhill with...i was all over the trail. Had about a mile turning radius.

I tipped it on the side once and flipped it backwards right on top of me when i was being stupid.

I found that if you lean to the outside of your turn you can turn a lot tighter in snow (until you roll like i did)..its the same way in water actually. on dirt i always lean in tho.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/coryv_76/th_ridedec11.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/coryv_76/?action=view&current=ridedec11.flv)

PitboyJohn
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
try a couple tie-downs/ratchet straps on the sides,i did it with a kids snowboard b 4 and it sucked,no carbide/runner

ATC-Eric
12-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Cool vid

God I need more snow!

troy
12-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I'v been waiting to hear about your design you made, "it sucks" wasn't the words i was hoping for:lol: ...i live in a area where one minute no snow, then WHAM 50CM of snow in one shot..I need more then It sucks...LOL:lol: , but i think you on the right track

ghostridermb
12-11-2006, 10:19 PM
You tool Vrooman

Yamahauler
12-12-2006, 12:36 AM
I'v been waiting to hear about your design you made, "it sucks" wasn't the words i was hoping for:lol: ...i live in a area where one minute no snow, then WHAM 50CM of snow in one shot..I need more then It sucks...LOL:lol: , but i think you on the right track

I say build one. Just figure out a better way to attach it. more rachet straps or whatever it takes... but if you can get it to stay on, its awesome. Weight isnt an issue either.. the front was floating above the snow when i was in some foot and a half stuff..not plowing like my tire...I could make it through everything, just had to inch my way through it in some spots.

I zip tied my front brake lever on, no problems there. I even wheelied with the ski on.