PDA

View Full Version : Creative head light"s" for 84-85 tecate

Tecate250
12-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Im am looking for ideas to put a head light on my tecate. Ive seen a wide varity of head lights on tecates but they all just dont look right. The stock is the worse one.
Anyone use a head light with the # plate?

BigGreenMachine
12-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I bought a set of Tag handlebar clamps planning to use them as a base to mount a mini chrome/aluminum headlight on each side of the handlebar next to the controls or in closer to the actual T3 handlebar clamp. Now I don't have a lighting coil in my KX so I'm screwed...that and I'm upgrading to fat bars so I'm double screwed.

scooterroo
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM
i am going with a set of lazer star lights, one on each side of the number plate aussie is making, using the top bolts in the upper tripple clamp to mount them. being about 2 to 3 inches in diameter, they should look cool, and be out of the way. i have run them on my blaster, and they are bright as all heck.

deathman53
12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I had one of those on mine, it held a 86/87 tecate 3 head light. Mine had wire mesh acting as a radiator guard.

ccdhowell
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I cut a little aluminum strap and bolted it across the front of the original headlight mounting tabs. Hopefully I'm getting one Trail Tech 50watt light for Christmas, it'll go on the strap. I'm thinking of drilling a big hole in the strap and using an automotive shock absorber stud-type rubber bushings in the hole with the light mounting stud through it. Should cut down on vibration that way. I'll take a pic after Xmas, I hope.

Attached is the simple aluminum strap. Chris

Tecate250
12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I was thinking of making the stock headlight into a detachable head light like the bid red.
I do not want to use the regulator and would a longer head light wire lower voltage? I want this so when we are all standing around and someone needs to look at there bike. I have all the light in the world. Also in case of rollovers it will self detach "without breaking' hopefully.

brapp
12-12-2006, 05:35 PM
lol just take 2 spot lights and wire tie them to the front fork tubes lol on each sid eof the bike and wire them into the stock light lol

T3 LOPES
12-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Im pretty sure you can still buy the stock size head light from Dennis Kirk for 47.95. Good buy if you were going stock.

BigGreenMachine
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah but the stock light is nasty looking!

hadar
12-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I actually Like the look of the offset stock system. I would rather have that then the goonie looking headlight relocation system that blocks the radiator. Some small clamp on's might look pretty sharp.

Tecate250
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
How do you get around the 85 watts from a ricky stator? With out the regulator? will your light just keep getting briter the more you give it? Like an old snowmobile. I want to put 2 thin lights along the fork tubes in between the trees.

jason 32
12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
what about making a double headlight - like a baha kit? like on scott summers old xr-- i think those are really cool---- if you didnt want big lights you could use a smaller set
start bending some tube steel and weld some brackets

Tecate250
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I did like the look of the baja 250rs with the baja lights on it.