PDA

View Full Version : Great parts source in Western Canada

Paradox2221
12-11-2006, 01:42 PM
While looking for parts to use in the restoration of my '73 atc70 I kept finding that the majority of parts sources were in the USA and problems getting the parts into Canada was both frustrating as far a Canada Customs was concerned not to mention the 13% currency exchange and the horrendous S&H costs.

By chance I was introduced to a gentleman in Hope, B.C. that turned out to be a great source of parts... not just scrap, but quality parts as well as complete units
at very reasonable prices... no bickering.. he quotes a price and sticks to it even if it means he comes out on the short end of the stick.

He has a great selection of used parts and complete units that he acquires throughout B.C. and Alberta... Trikes...Quads...Motorcycles....Snowmobiles... Boats... Trailers... in virtually all makes, models and years.. Something as simple as pressure washing each item he picks up and bagging exposed motor parts from the elements or the possibility of fluid leaks... something I have NEVER come across in the past.

I picked up an '81 atc70 in absolutely great shape for C$100 that was only missing a muffler, gas tank and handlebars (parts I already had spares for).
Anyone in Western Canada... or Canada wide looking for a good source of quality parts drop me an email... I don't want to break any forum rules at this point if naming the man and his company are prohibited...

Tecate250
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
It seems like there is a bigger stock pile of parts out west. A local shop says to always call mikes bikes in alberta. All the spare parts out here are all in mobile bikes.

Paradox2221
12-11-2006, 01:56 PM
It seems like there is a bigger stock pile of parts out west. A local shop says to always call mikes bikes in alberta. All the spare parts out here are all in mobile bikes.

Mind you that's easy to understand... in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (including Cape Breton Island) everything is uphill.... in BOTH directions
and the legs get sore twice as fast....:naughty:

MTS
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Good to know!!....If your intrested in another atc70,,,Give me a Holllaaar.....

Paradox2221
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Good to know!!....If your intrested in another atc70,,,Give me a Holllaaar.....

Good price... is that one Holllaaar plus S&H :lol:

What's the exchange rate on a Holllaaar? :wondering

MTS
12-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Ha,,,,I dunno,,,it runs decent...,needs quite a bit of work tho....plastic, bars, killswitch, bent pegs, dents in tank, its a 78....throw me n offer