PDA

View Full Version : different problem with 250 big red

Big red 250
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Just have a question if anyone would know what happened to my trike my buddy was driving one of my 250 big reds (he was driving it hard like in second gear cranking it well u know pumping the gas but really revving it high for about 45 minutes) when he went up the snowbank he stopped then he tried to put it in reverse it would go in but wouldnt move then he put it in 1st wouldnt go but it would idle fine shut it off turned it on then we put it in neutral it worked and towed it to my place with my other 250 big red when it cooled down i started it and put it in gear and it went just as if there was nothing wrong with it mind u i just drove it into my shed but still just wondering if anyone would know what it might have been just curious any replies would be appreaciated thanks.

Dave223
12-10-2006, 08:07 PM
whew! here I have a couple extra I can loan you ....,,,,....

Sounds like your clutches were hot and sticking possibly? Low on oil? Just an idea. Remember, punctuation is your friend!

troy
12-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I second Dave with his answer, sound like the bike got HOT very hot and started to over heat in cluch area, Can you say lucky:p . now if this happend to me well my cluch would be gone, because it's just my luck

Big red 250
12-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the replys, thats exactly what my buddy said too.I was just curious what some other people thought it might have been. The main thing is that it is still working. :)