PDA

View Full Version : 411 on an 85 ATC250SX

Rajunrick
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I need any information that anyone can give me about an ATC250SX. Any known problems with them? Are they a good trike? Anything. I came across this one and bought it on the spot for $50, and it does run. Needs alot of cosmetic work and work on the rearend, but it does run. So now it just became my new project. But first I need to know, is it worth it?

85hondaatc125m
12-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Well worth it, ones that are in fair shape, will go for around $1000, so even if you have to drop $500 or around that into it, it will still be a heck of a deal, if you can post some pictures.

p26575r16
12-10-2006, 02:03 AM
I had an '85 250sx and loved it. By far one of the best riding and running atc's I have ever had or rode. The few problems I had with mine were the kickstarter never worked (Stripped Gears), rear axle bearings went out, and finally my brother burnt up the starter on it while I was at Tech school, so I gave it to my friend 5 years ago and he still has it.

bigreddaddy
12-10-2006, 03:39 AM
Where in LA are you? If you don't want to take that project on let me know, and I'll buy it from you.

Rex Karz
12-10-2006, 05:10 AM
The 250SX's have a common problem with a stud backing out and causing damage to the shift mechanism. Search this and 3wheeler.org to find it, it is very important that you check this part and fix it before serious damage occurs. I'd find it, but it's late and I'm tired.... LOL

Rajunrick
12-11-2006, 01:01 AM
I live in Shreveport bigreddaddy, and after I just got the rearend unfroze, it just became my new project (250R project just got bumped). Rear brake shoes had seized to the drum, kid I bought it from said the rearend was screwed. Wrong!!!! So anyway, stud backing out, and a weak rightside crank, got it. I'll probably have some pics up soon of it. Got to warn you, it looks rough (rattle can job from hell).

CorbinKale
12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
That is a really good deal you got! If you decide to let it go, give me a shout. I have been looking for a 250SX project. I have a few other trikes already, but have not been able to locate an SX to bring back to life, yet. I am about 70 miles from you. I am in Shreveport about every 3 months, anyway. Maybe Lomax and I can hook up with you at Red River Sand Drags sometime. Welcome to the group.

Rajunrick
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Okay, finally took the time to get some pics of my cheap SX. Warning! The pics you are about to see may be offensive to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised:eek:

longbedGTs
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Gotta love the strykers! Nice project! :beer That $50 dollar price tag is a justifiable reason to dump some coin into it! Go get some new Maier and seat cover and youll have a good looker in no time! :welcome:

tyman
12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
lol.. looks like a skunk... i was expecting worse though... i figured it would look like it rolled down a hill or something... 50 dollars is a steal... no doubt about it...