PDA

View Full Version : 38mm air stryker carb IDLE????

gravelord
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM
i cant seem to get my 250r to idle..
climate is around 20-30 degrees, 178 main jet, stock 86 needle clip set to the middle, v-force 3 reeds, ported cylinder, milled head, cr head gasket, no air box lid, fmf pipe. no matter how much i screw in the idle screw it wont idle. inside of carb is nice and clean, fresh bore in the clyinder, bike runs strong.

just figured id tell you what i could, my friend has 250r's with the same carb and said he cant get his to idle either. when i first got it my bike would idle with the carb, i cleaned the carb out because i got it used, and the float kept sticking and there was lots of crud in there, ever since then it ran better but wouldnt idle.

Also, does any one have a picture of what a 250r's spark plug should look like jetted PERFECTLY ?? ok thanks guys.

Pete
12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
why do you have the stock 86 needle in the carb? What size PILOT jet do you have in the carb?

Jason Hall
12-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Is the idle screw all the way In (the one that pushes the slide up) & It still wont Idle? Be carful some of the idle screws are plastic, I watch the spring on the Idle screw & stop If It's all the way compressed. If that screw Is all the way In & you can't make It Idle with the air screw, then your pilot jet Is probly to big.

gravelord
12-11-2006, 06:30 PM
i was leaning out the mixture by putting the 86 needle in.
i have the main jet that came with the carb

TtownJoeShow
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
in the sticky Damitt! wrote up a thing on jetting, theres a link in there with pictures....i bought my 38mm A/S q/v and it came with a 170 main a 50 pilot and a ddj needle, but i haven't run it yet

BigGreenMachine
12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
What about your airscrew? If its screwed all the way in it won't idle. Like was said, Dammit did a post on this exact topic a long time back.

Did you do all those mods all at once?