PDA

View Full Version : HEY Aussieduner...

MIK6
12-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Aussie.. I got the maier #plate from the barn. This is for the 86/87 Tecate. I got my 2nd plate, its not in as good of shape as my main plate. I took a few pictures and am going to post them here. The pictures show the parts that need to be repaired to make the mold.
I will be willing to send this out to you. You can do what ever you think you need to do to it to make the mold, I realize you might need to modify the original in order to make a good mold. I would not use the plate in its condition anyways. I only ask got a replacement for it when you get the mold done.
I understand that you are making different plates at this time. If this is something you are not interesed in just let me know. If its a project you are interested in send me your shipping info.

MIK6 / Mike

Aussieduner
12-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Mike
Hell yeah i can do it,even though the plate is a liitle damaged i still take the mold from the inside and then repair the imperfections later with bondo just like the one im working on now.And as always the doner gets a free part thats no problem at all !
Will PM my address.

Cheers
Aussie

MIK6
12-08-2006, 10:36 PM
COOL!!! This is the same style of plate that just a few weeks ago went for over $200! The demand is definatelly out there for this style plate.

MIK6 / Mike

250rulzes
12-09-2006, 12:39 AM
This is the plate I have on my 85 T3...I love it!

oldsking86
12-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Guys where can I get one of these?! My pops has been looking forever and remembers when UFO used to make them, I'd like to get him one if yall know where I can get it..

Aussieduner
12-09-2006, 01:54 AM
COOL!!! This is the same style of plate that just a few weeks ago went for over $200! The demand is definatelly out there for this style plate.

MIK6 / Mike

No worries Mike i will put these back in production and blow the $200 ebay cost out the window !

Cheers
Aussieduner

MIK6
12-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I finally got to the Post office today. The plate is in route. They told me you will get it in about a week. You will know the box when you see it LOL. Got to love LIME GREEN Duct tape LMAO.
I understand that you might need to mod the plate to make the mold easier and thats OK w/ me. I was going to hot glue a piece of angle to the top to steighten it out and a block to the messed up corner, BUT I figured you would be better to determine what you needed to do.
Let me know when you get it and what you think.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

Aussieduner
12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I finally got to the Post office today. The plate is in route. They told me you will get it in about a week. You will know the box when you see it LOL. Got to love LIME GREEN Duct tape LMAO.
I understand that you might need to mod the plate to make the mold easier and thats OK w/ me. I was going to hot glue a piece of angle to the top to steighten it out and a block to the messed up corner, BUT I figured you would be better to determine what you needed to do.
Let me know when you get it and what you think.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

Hi Mike
Thats cool mate i will get it all sorted out shouldnt be a problem,lime green tape that should be easy to spot ! Will let you know when it arrives.

Cheers
Aussie

Meat-BoX
12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
In the Jimmy White Manual, for the UFO plate it says to Trim the plate area around the radiator cap for easier access. Will this need to be something to worry about? Everyone owes Aussie, Big Green and Mik6 for bringing these super rare plates back to where they belong. On alot of sweet Trikes.:w00t: Trikefest is going to be better looking this year.:beer

Theres only 12 pages in the Manual but there is alot of good info. I wish I could find a Klemm Research 200cc kit. That would be pretty cool and rare. There is some good info on suspension setups for different racing styles. Im going to find this handy. A good deal for $20:beer

OLDSKING86 all you need to do is Contact maier for a sheet of 1/8" plastic, ship it to Aussie and he will make you one. He does great work.

Aussieduner
12-20-2006, 08:41 PM
The plate BGM sent me had been cut out for the radiator cap, i removed this from the mold for the new plates to allow the customer to make the call if they want it.

Aussie