PDA

View Full Version : 200x ?

cman
12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
2 years ago a buddy brought this 200x to me , said it wouldn't run or kick thru. He tried pull starting and sounded awefull Long story short, he dropped a valve, reason it wouldn't kick. I put a new cylinder, piston, rings, and valves in, trike ran great. Same atc brought back yesterday, this time didn't try pull starting, but would only kick 2 or 3 times then would lock up. Thinking the same thing happened again, I pulled the motor, top end, but valves look good, piston good. So i'm a little stumped. I should have checked the timing before I tore it apart. Could the chain jumped timing? , causing the kicker to lock up. (piston on valve ] It has the original timing chain still on. after I took the top end off the trike kicks thru ok. Any ideas would be great, thanks cman.

Lomax
12-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Possible i guess but there should mbe a mark on the top of the piston where the valve was hitting it I would think. I have had a seized cam bearing cause the same thing your describing as well.

Erics350x
12-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Possible i guess but there should mbe a mark on the top of the piston where the valve was hitting it I would think. I have had a seized cam bearing cause the same thing your describing as well.
i had an X do the samething several times

cman
12-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I will double check the cam bearing, I was thinking it was ok. If it was a kicker problem, The problem would persist even with the top end off, correct?:wondering