PDA

View Full Version : my friends 85 Tri-Z boost bottle question

TtownJoeShow
12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
hey,
so we finnally got his bottom end back together, and this is the first time i have actually looked his engine over.....so i noticed his cylander has a stock hose going into it, right away i was like thats

****DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS*****

on the side of the
motor in a port?????? then i noticed his intake has a bigger hose inlet! well thats forsure for a boost bottle...he has had the intake one crimped off (bought it like that) and he doesn't remember what he did with the one from the side cylander one.....
i'm guessing they both goto the same boost bottle???
How easy are these boost bottles to find and how much $$?

and two last Q's, damn near everything has W56 (or something like that) stamped on it....whats up with that? did some of the Tri-Z's not have that boost bottle er something??

i thank ya for any info!!!

Bryan Raffa
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
this is what it looks like,,, the boost bottles you can get on e bay or from a member, that W# is the stamp for a 85 tri z, Only one hose to the boost bottle,and yes they all had them;)

TtownJoeShow
12-08-2006, 11:07 AM
k cool, but where does the cylander hose go to? the air box?
lol i don't understand

maggiesboy
12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
k cool, but where does the cylander hose go to? the air box?
lol i don't understand

the hose from the jug runs to the fuel pump for the vacuum draw.

TtownJoeShow
12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
oh! k thanks!! lol

ATC-Eric
12-08-2006, 01:06 PM
What exactly is the bottle for? What does it do?

TtownJoeShow
12-09-2006, 09:59 AM
equalizes pressure and stores atomized air/fuel, oh and raises the crank case volume, thats all i know, been reading and i guess there a hit n a miss with different engines

Mosh
12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
equalizes pressure and stores atomized air/fuel, oh and raises the crank case volume, thats all i know, been reading and i guess there a hit n a miss with different enginesThey do nothing for a banshee.I will tell you that.bought 2 of them eneded up tossing them back on ebay.

TimSr
12-09-2006, 02:57 PM
They improve low end response off of idle, similar to a carb side reed spacer, which is why reed spacers arent a great idea on a TriZ. Ive heard before they dont do much on a Banshee, but the difference is quite noticeable to me on the TriZ and on my RT180.