PDA

View Full Version : Help! My yamaha!

Cody
12-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Well my YT175. It's got lots of compression. Getting good spark. Getting gas and no go. I put alittle gas in the cylinder and push it till my knees are about gone. I get smoke comeing out the exhaust. I take the plug out and alittle smoke comes out. So I know it is so close to running. Please help me... :(

Lomax
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Did you try a new plug or did you just clean the old one and stick it back in?
Sometimes an old plug will fire outside the cyclinder but will not fire under compression
Also, It may be getting too much fuel and flooding out. Thats kinda what it sounds like to me.

burnoutboy
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I would get it tow started mate. Have you done all of the normal things such as new plug, new gas e.t.c??

Cody
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Its brand new gas. Tried another plug. Yea I been thinking its flooding out to, I was thinking about the old tow behind truck thing.

SYKO
12-07-2006, 02:49 PM
that gas is pre mixed right?!! have you tried the choke, even on my freshly rebuilt blaster it only likes to be choke started

Cody
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Well I think Im going to pull it behind the truck and see if it works.

SYKO
12-07-2006, 06:40 PM
so did you get it going?

traxxasx
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Isent there somthing abot that trike like the silencer was build wrong and the goop clogs up the silencer so hardley any air gets out so it wont run? Ive read that somwhere on here, maybe try it without the silencer.

jason 32
12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
clean the pilot jet it will srart right up w/o pulling it -unless the cyl is full of oil-
spray startin fluid in the cyl to clean it out, pull it over a lot--lol
be carefull not to ignight it from the spark plug,if this doesn't work- then---
soak the carb in cleaner - (dissasemble it-first lol)
clean the jets-any pics of the carb??
mine has a older ct style intake and carb on it so im sure yours is prolly a lil different - go to bike bandit and use the parts finder go to the year make modle ect...
look at the carb, the exploded view will help you out
make sure the floats are good,--( put them in a glass of water see if they take in any water
blow it out with compressed air-clean all the oil lines!!-
clean the choke assembly!!! it might not be closing all the way- replace the old spring if you need to
it might help if you put the jet needle clip in the 2nd position most time it does- it will clean it up make sure its not getting too much oil from the oil injector- good luck try to get a manual from ebay or order one from a book store-or dennis kirk

Cody
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Well we took and got rid of the choke for now. The choke is sealed so no air is getting through. The carb is clean. So maybe I need to adjust the jet needle clip.

yamaha_tri_z
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Carb problems or The choke deal. If it doesnt pull start after that. I would get it checked out by someone with the right knowledge. Not to say you are stupid or anything.