PDA

View Full Version : ATC70 throttle response help

Macs
11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
I have posted about this before but never got a real answer. When i purchased the atc70 it ran great, then the next day it would only go half throttle. then my throttle cable broke. that was about 2 weeks ago. yesterday i installed my new throttle cable and it will just rev a little past idle, it isnt enough to even get it going. i checked and made sure the cable is pulling the needle up all the way and it is. The carb was cleaned right before purchase and so where the points ( he did say the points looked kinda rough ). Does this sound like a fuel issue or a ignition issue. I thought maybe the points were getting really weak and wouldnt function at higher RPM's. but if that is the case it seems lie it would miss out. but then if it was the carb it seems like it would have missed upon acceleration too. i am not sure. i am fixxing to start the allimination game unless i can get some exceptions.

It doesnt really miss or cut out. when i push on the throttle it is like nothing happens. i can hold the throttle wide open but not pull enough RPMs to shift to second.