PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better pipe?

samster143
04-14-2003, 01:07 PM
I know this has been discussed before but... I forgot the outcome. Is there a better quality pipe and silencer for the 83-85 200x? I have a DG rcm and the performance is ok but the quality is crap! It is less than 1 year old and is rusting and pitting and generally beginning to fall apart. I keep the trike inside and keep it clean....WTF. I know some people here have the chrome plated one. Does that hold up better? I know I should have spent the extra $35.00 for the chrome..... Is there any other pipe besides cobra that will work (seems about the same)? Maybe something from another bike? Like an xr 200 or something else. Does anyone make these custom? What would it cost? Thanks in advance.

Mike Fort Laud
04-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Sam I have found the best pipe to be Pyrex or a 3d inside out. Glass pipes are the best because they change colors and taste clean. You have seen mine. Metal sucks, and plastic is ok but harder to keep clean. Oh you mean best pipe for your 200X, sorry, what am I thinking about???????????????? Talk to you later BUD..dy

J.D.
04-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Sam I have found the best pipe to be Pyrex or a 3d inside out. Glass pipes are the best because they change colors and taste clean. You have seen mine. Metal sucks, and plastic is ok but harder to keep clean. Oh you mean best pipe for your 200X, sorry, what am I thinking about???????????????? Talk to you later BUD..dy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Trikeaholic
04-14-2003, 08:59 PM
cobra aluminium with the quiet core, still cheapish, but better than nothing and no corrosion problem.

Instinctz
04-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah, those are good.. they also keep the resin down.