PDA

View Full Version : DG making Tecate pipes again

ccdhowell
11-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I was told by, and read in several places that DG quit making their National headpipes for the 84-85 Tecates long ago. Well, it ain't so. I went on the DG website just looking around and there it was, offered for sale...so I ordered one just to see if it would come it. Well it arrived via UPS a few minutes ago and it is the genuine, original DG National headpipe I've seen before, but didn't own. Well I own one now and it is nice shiny, unpainted, laquered metal, looks great.

If'n you've been wanting one of these, I say, get while the gettings good, they won't make them forever.

Chris

tecat-z
11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Now try ordering the silencer for it, i had to make mine out of a DG blank.

ccdhowell
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
I already have the DG silencer. It was on the trike when I bought it. I repacked it; it's good. Can't wait to put the DG headpipe on, but I think I'll wait until I get the crank seals fixed.

Chris

oldsking86
11-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Could go for one for an 86 250R don't think they make em anymore

xman23
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
show us some pics of it

scooterroo
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
yeah i had the same problem. i went on the site to order myself a dg national headpipe and silencer a few months back, and they were sold out. but i contacted the people at dg and asked them about them, if they were still availible, and the guy i talked to said yes, both the pipe and silencers are still availible, however at the time they were sold out of both, and wouldnt be making any more till they had a demand for them. looks like the demand for the pipe is there but not the silencers as of yet. when i asked him how many orders he needed to make the silencers again he said a minimum of 20. so until theres a demand for at least 20 silencers dont expect to see them any time soon. but it is cool they are making the pipe again. to bad though, they werent availible at the time i was looking for a pipe, for the price of their dg national pipe, i got me a NOS bassani pipe, hahahaha. actually i think i paid like 50 bucks cheaper for it, and its a way way better pipe.

Lomax
11-29-2006, 05:23 PM
i got me a NOS bassani pipe, hahahaha. actually i think i paid like 50 bucks cheaper for it, and its a way way better pipe.

I am 99% sure a Bassani Pipe and Silencer is what my brothers T-3 had on it. Is there any way you could post a pic of it so I could verify my thoughts.

I am glad you found you a pipe chris, Wait till you get it on there and take it for a spin, it will really wake you machine up a notch. Did ya'll make it back out there tuesday?

scooterroo
11-29-2006, 10:59 PM
hey lomax, check this thread out, theres a pic of mine in there.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=60505

ccdhowell
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Lomax, nah, no tuesday, but we did get out there on Friday, day after Thanksgiving. We had a blast. Check the thread in local riding for pics. Thanks again for showing me that place. Chris

Lomax
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Lomax, nah, no tuesday, but we did get out there on Friday, day after Thanksgiving. We had a blast. Check the thread in local riding for pics. Thanks again for showing me that place. Chris

Should have gave me a shout, I wasnt doing a damn thing. Your Avatar looks alot like the parking area in the background, play in a little mud?

BigReds Forever
11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
i dont know if they have any on hand, but i just looked and the 06 Dennis Kirk Catalog has the pipe listed for $213. Might be worth a call if your looking for one.

oldsking86
11-30-2006, 01:43 PM
i dont know if they have any on hand, but i just looked and the 06 Dennis Kirk Catalog has the pipe listed for $213. Might be worth a call if your looking for one.

Is that referring to me for my 250r?

ccdhowell
11-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'm partial to mud. Sorry bout that, we talked it over over the Thansgiving table and decided then.

We'll get together soon.

Hey, I've ordered crankseals and bearings; gonna try to put those in myself. If I screw-it-up, I'll be up to your place.LOL, wish me luck. Chris

mdunn
11-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey guys. Have you checked ATV Overstock?? I just purchased a DG National and DG Silencer for my '86 Tecate from them. Their prices are much cheaper than from DG and was on my door step in 4 or 5 days. I think their website is atvoverstock.com. They are a DG distributor so even if they do not list it, call them. They had (8) Tecate pipes in stock when I called. They have the 250R pipe listed for $149 which is what I paid for mine (+$10 in shipping). Just thought I would let everyone know.

tecat-z
11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
I checked and they have nothing for 84-85 tecate. I also called DG when i was in the market for an exhaust. They told me what i would assume they told you guys. They need at least 15 people to order them, well i guarantee that 15 people have asked for pipes and silencers and still no new ones. Maybe DG should write down our personal INFO so they know we are serious buyers. I got the impression they dont keep track of our requests.

scooterroo
11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
could be, good idea, get an email going , like a petition thing, get a list of people requesting the pipes and silencers, and then get in contact with the right people there and get the ball rolling.

Meat-BoX
11-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Someone should order 20 Pipes and silencers and then sell them for a little profit. Rad Mfg. told me they would make their 84-85 Tecate Rear Dual Row Carrier if about 15-20 were ordered. My money dissapeared so fast I was wondering if I ever actually got it. I wish I did that. I want that and an extended Axle to go with the +2" Cal-Fab. Would be a great rear end setup.:beer

scooterroo
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
do you have them parts yet meat? if not where would you find them, i know i'd love a nice extended calfab or westcoast, with extended axle. nohing out there though and nobodies giving up their goodies and spares, :(