PDA

View Full Version : Parts Price?

Ordo
11-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I found a sweet deal on an 86 CR 500 and I'm thinking of selling afew of my parts bikes and possibly selling the motor out of my 85r R to get it. So what would an 85 250r motor that has just had the lower end rebuilt and a fresh top end with no time on it go for? The cylinder has some porting done with close to stock port timing. Bored .30 over and a Pro-X piston. Motor is out of the bike right now and the cylinder is off as well. I have carbs and reed cages that I might sell with it as well. Just a reminder, I'm just tring to get a price on what its worth so I can make a decision on getting rid of it or keep it and sell some other bikes that I have.

firefirefire90
11-26-2006, 02:06 PM
300-500 in its present condition...IMO

x.system
11-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I found a sweet deal on an 86 CR 500 and I'm thinking of selling afew of my parts bikes and possibly selling the motor out of my 85r R to get it. So what would an 85 250r motor that has just had the lower end rebuilt and a fresh top end with no time on it go for? The cylinder has some porting done with close to stock port timing. Bored .30 over and a Pro-X piston. Motor is out of the bike right now and the cylinder is off as well. I have carbs and reed cages that I might sell with it as well. Just a reminder, I'm just tring to get a price on what its worth so I can make a decision on getting rid of it or keep it and sell some other bikes that I have.

Explain lower end rebuild, new crank? new tranny?, case halfs in good shape? pics? How it looks is going to play a big factor on what you get out of it along with what new parts are inside. Best bet is to freshen up the outside for looks and give a detailed list of new parts inside. I think if its a complete motor its worth at least $500 easy. The more new parts in it the more its worth.

Ordo
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
The cases look brand new, NO scratches. The cylinder is blasted down. I 'll try and get some pics of the bottom end this week. Now for the parts:
rebuilt crank
rebuilt counterbalance
new water pump bearing, seal, mech. seal
new mains bearings
all new seals through out
replaced all three shift forks
kick start rachet and pinion replaced with good used parts
stock clutch basket in great shape
clutch had 4 hours on it before rebuild
Boysen rad valve with new pro series reeds in package
all new head studs
laped the top of cylinder