PDA

View Full Version : exhaust?

LaDano
04-14-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm still having trouble with my 200s. Can't get the carb set. If I put the choke in the middle I can get it to run pretty strong, but when it is off no matter were I set the e-clip on the needle valve and the pilot screw it just won't run long. Spits and sputters and fouls the plug within a few min. I have a small kink in the exhaust and was told that might be enough to restrict the hole breathing aparatous. About to burn it so I need some ideas, Thanx Dan

LaDano
04-15-2003, 04:48 AM
anybody?

jeswinehart
04-15-2003, 06:31 AM
it is fustrating LaDano to have a goofy acting trike,,, i know !
i have gone to a 1 hotter plug + gapped it bigger then what was asked for with okay results. also to check for air leaks (bad o-ring seals, cracked manifold adapter, ect. ) get it all put back together, fire it up + spray carb cleaner aroung choke lever + manifold connections. if there ian't no change in idle,,, okay all is tight. what i would be checking for (amongest the 100 other things that go wrong) is cracked/worn components.
of course i am sure you have checked the timing, valve clearance eletrical connections (good ground + solid wires)
but heck dan,,, take the baffle out of the exaust and see if that is it first.

hope it's simple fix ! john

moe
04-16-2003, 10:21 PM
hay had same trouble with my 200s idle was all over the place,had to choke it sometimes to keep it running.it was the manifold that rubber boot between the carb and the engine it was cracked you can't always see the crack i did what john sed spray some carb cleaner on that boot and if it's cracked the idle will change the engine will be sucking in the carb cleaner in the crack i replaced that manifold and the o-rings and it idles good now.

LaDano
04-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Thanx guys, I had it in the shop in september for the carb and that was the only thing they didn't touch. They set the valves, timing and said that the kink in the exhaust was choking it down. The intake (aluminum) is in good shape with no cracks but the air breather intake has a alice in it that I have taped-up pretty tight. I had sprayed carburator cleaner all around it back in october but not lately. Gonna send it to another shop this go around maybe I'll have better luck. Also what frame could I go with for a little rear suspension. Thanx again Dan

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-17-2003, 02:08 AM
if you just wanted to take the engine you have now and put it in a fram with suspension (front and rear), the 200s engine will bolt right onto a 200x frame, then you would better front and rear suspension, alot better handleing, plus in my oppinion a 200x looks cooler than a 200s