PDA

View Full Version : snorkel anyone......

weed
11-22-2006, 08:16 PM
has anyone attempted to snorkle a 3 wheeler? Does anyone have any pictures or suggestion on snorkeling my 200s. I breifly looked over my atc today and thought about taking the airbox off and running pvc out the back by the grab bar and turning upwards. Now as far as the exauhst im still scratching my head

any suggestions anyone:beer

250r'en +TCB
11-22-2006, 08:22 PM
3-wheelers (at least honda's) have a built in snorkel. The airbox attaches to the top frame tube which opens up right below the goose neck (highest point on the frame). That's why it's funny to see an ATC250R be able to handle deeper water that a polaris 800 hahaha

It would be tricky to make a snorkel for a trike. The easiest thing to do ( I use that term in a comic manner) would be to go from that spot on the goose neck where it opens. It would be really hard to make it look good though!!!! Maybe somebody else in hear has done it.....

weed
11-22-2006, 08:24 PM
hmmmm, got me thinkin now

firefirefire90
11-22-2006, 08:24 PM
You wouldn't need anything for the exhaust, just remember to keep your rev's up so no water can come in...but if your trike stalls, Uh-Oh!

Yamahondaman
11-22-2006, 08:28 PM
i dunno bout no Snorkel's but i like the "weed" post on Tuesday's !!!!! :naughty:

weed
11-22-2006, 08:28 PM
i dunno bout no Snorkel's but i like the "weed" post on Tuesday's !!!!! :naughty:

hey hey hey, same here brother~~~~~~~~

keep tuesdays alive

weed
11-22-2006, 08:30 PM
You wouldn't need anything for the exhaust, just remember to keep your rev's up so no water can come in...but if your trike stalls, Uh-Oh!

thats just it, i would like to do the exhaust too, because the stuff i'll be running through i just might stall out. I'd rather be safe then sorry

chris200x
11-22-2006, 08:30 PM
I would be intrested in seeing what some guys have come up with.

250ren' Yeah I agree that honda has a pretty good setup.. But I've managed to still sink and stall out my SX a few times. I was thining maybe running somekind of rednecked pvc pipe directly off the carb with a rubber boot.. out the back of the trike and pointing upwards. IDK... anyone have any better ideas.?

Maybe just carry a pair of flippers with me when I decide to hit the deep stuff.? :w00t:

firefirefire90
11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
could always run a snorkel out of the FRONT of the trike, like a PVC pipe right out of honda's stock snorkel.

weed
11-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Im with you on the Redneck contraption, every 4 wheeler my friend has, even his rhino is snorkeld. He was so impressed with my 200s and how well it performed in the mudd he wants to help me snorkel it.

I think going through the frame wouldn't be a "total" seal though. And probably to much work involved going that route. But i dunno lets see what people have done and think about this~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weed
11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
hmmm!!!!

any ideas????

erectordale
11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Take and attach too the tube from the airbox that attaches too the frame. then route it out the back it would look like diesel stacks LOL

chris200x
11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I've been contemplating this for the last few minutes. Why not just eliminate the airbox totally and run the pipe right from the open end of the carb. ?

Might have to rejet the carb... but you could even then throw a small K&N on the end of the pvc up top.. just face the elbow forward.

weed
11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
i shouldn't have to re-jet if i attatch pvc to the end of the carb , eliminate the airbox, run the pvc underneath the fender out towards the grab bar and then turn it straight up and attatch a filter on the end.

chris200x
11-22-2006, 11:56 PM
i shouldn't have to re-jet if i attatch pvc to the end of the carb , eliminate the airbox, run the pvc underneath the fender out towards the grab bar and then turn it straight up and attatch a filter on the end.

Idk.. you'll have to check the plug. More air will call for more gas. at least that's my theory. Let me know if all is well and I'll be sure to try it out.

As for the exhaust I really don't know what to do. I was always under the impression as my trike would suck in water bog out and die.. As long as you can keep it running through the deep stuff, the exhausttwouldn't be a concern.

burnoutboy
11-23-2006, 01:18 AM
If your exhaust is 2 piece, get a length of high temp silicone hose and bend it to suit.