PDA

View Full Version : Little trike with a big(er) motor

TrikeKid
11-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Just got back from my freind's house, and like always happens, I bought something (he is one of those people that can sneeze and find something for cheap or free), a BLUE (from the factory) ATC70, equipped with a 90 motor that I don't know the year of. I had to buy it of course, $150 when ragged out stockers go for 200-300 around here was a deal, especially with an extra 90 engine.

Like all used rigs, it has some problems
-No air filter, what are you 90 motor'd 70 guys using?

-Do 90 carbs not have a choke? We couldn't find one on this bike or his 90, and this thing took a while to start, once it did it ran fine, but it doesn't want to idle till it's good and warm.

- The chain that was on it was way long, so he took a couple links out, now it's too short, so in looking up what I needed to spend (also needs tires) I saw that the 90 runs a 428, and the 70 runs a 420, which should I go with?

I don't have any pictures yet (despite the fact that I had my camera with me the whole time :rolleyes:).

Macs
11-22-2006, 04:31 PM
take some pics of the 90cc fitment into the atc 70. i am kinda thinking about this. i would also like to know about the power diffrences. i want to put one in so i can have more fun but have a limiter on it for the girls.

TrikeKid
11-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Hopefully I'll be getting it this weekend, so I'll take some pics of the fit. It has a couple notches out of the rear fender corners, and the head rubs the front fender when it's turned, I'm going to figure out a way to move it forward a little so that doesn't happen. I won't be able to comment on the power diffrence, I've never had or ridden a stock 70. My friend says it is almost too quick for how narrow and short the 70 is though.

ride_red_95
11-22-2006, 11:54 PM
nothing can be too quick

TrikeKid
11-23-2006, 12:53 AM
nothing can be too quick
That's why I said "almost":twisted: