PDA

View Full Version : M.A.M. Cam?

jaykup
11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
I just bought a "new" performance cam for my 200s off eBay, and it has a card attached to it titled M.A.M. Cam and has all the specs on the camshaft.

Its a .340 Lift 266 Duration cam, the "stock bolt in" one.

It is new (probably NOS since I can't find any info on M.A.M.) and looks pretty nice. Only ran me 51 shipped.

Has anybody ever heard of them? Know what kind of quality and whatnot?

jason 32
11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
well those numbers are the same as web cams 40b cam--- good for stock -
web is 112 plus 60 for a core- ??50 for it ,not bad

Curtis-Tecate3
11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Jaykup,

It is a long shot but where is your seller located.?
In Miami, FL the longest running shop from way back in the early 80's is Miami Auto Marine or MAM. They are still in business as far as I know but were never a manufacturer, only a distributor and repair shop. If that is where your seller is then get ahold of Grant or Vicki Hawk at MAM.

My god, I even remember their phone number after not calling them for over 10 years. 305-446-6677.
I guess after spending thousands and thousands of dollars there 20 years ago the number stuck with me...

Curtis.

200X Racer
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Jaykup,

It is a long shot but where is your seller located.?
In Miami, FL the longest running shop from way back in the early 80's is Miami Auto Marine or MAM. They are still in business as far as I know but were never a manufacturer, only a distributor and repair shop. If that is where your seller is then get ahold of Grant or Vicki Hawk at MAM.

My god, I even remember their phone number after not calling them for over 10 years. 305-446-6677.
I guess after spending thousands and thousands of dollars there 20 years ago the number stuck with me...

Curtis.
Well Curtis tecate you beat me to it. I go to MAM regularly, and know Grant pretty well, If you would like me to ask him I can, However I think that curtis tecate is corerct in the fact that they never produced any new parts.

jaykup
11-21-2006, 03:13 PM
I bought it from 'bikerchickltd' on eBay, and they are located in Pinecrest FL. I guess this is where they got them cam from!

200X Racer
11-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Well I'm pretty sure that yoour cam is not made by M.A.M. My best bet would be that it was purchased from MAM and the seller was unaware that it was made in a different location. However anythings possible. :wondering