PDA

View Full Version : help with 200x cam

xman23
11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
alright about a week ago I got a new cam for the x, its a web cam and its supposed to be a bolt in cam, well i put it in and i had to back the valves off, the intake one came back fine, but it seams like the exhaust one is stuck, well i got it to lossen up to back it off but it wont go far enough, am i doing something wrong or what do i have to do?

jason 32
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
what cam is it ?-- most are bolt in-
the valve might be bent-- didn't you atleast "lapp" the valves?
-- take the head off- get some valve grinding compound ,as you grind the valve/seats- you should check the swirll -to see if ones bent /or if the stem/ guides are wore out
compound goes between the seat and the valve face-
you can use a drill /chuck to spin the valve,instead of your fingers-
clean all the carbon out !- wire brush ect...

xman23
11-21-2006, 11:59 PM
yepp i lapped the valves and put new valve seals in, i just done know what it casing it not to work, i put a web cam in, it was the mildest one, it said bolt in no other special parts needed, so i dont know, any other ideas? thanx

jason 32
11-22-2006, 02:48 AM
i don't know for sure but you might need to shave the valve stem down a little
if you have the seats cut- or ground it will raise the stem height,and the valve will not close all the way--- is this what is happening????

this can be corrected by the rocker adjust ment- unless its set screw is adjusted all the way

is the valve stem bent???

edog
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Did you ever figure out the problem?

xman23
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
yes i finally figured it out on last sunday, on the cam there is that little pin thing on the end that has to go into that groove on the head, it must of pooped out right when i put the valve cover on so it was just spinning when i was trying to fire it up, she runs good now, that cam added a good amount of power