PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting 86' 200x kickstarters?

super90
11-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know of any other kick starters that you can retro fit onto a 86' 200x? I was thinking about finding some old kick starters at the salvage yard and see how they would bolt up on the splines and see how they would align with the fenders. I think it would be alot easier and cheaper to get them off something else and make them work instead of buying them new for $115. The only ones i found used were either junk or way overpriced. Seriously, there has to be a kicker that would work out there. If anyones done this let me know before I go out and try it for myself.

Bigbore
11-18-2006, 09:42 AM
You can't use one from a different bike, the kick starter will fold out the wrong way. You would need to use one from a left side starting bike (limited). Even if you don't value your time for much, it'll be cheaper to buy a replacement 200x kick starter on e-bay or spend the $115 on the new one and be happy that you aren't going to have any problems with it.

brapp
11-18-2006, 04:32 PM
what exactly is wrong wiht th eone you have. i have folded the one i had and put a spot of weld on it to keep it from folding out too much.

deathman53
11-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I learned the hard way, only buy new kickers. I think I paid about $70 for my kicker. I lost one the kicker that was on the bike(it was used). The one I bought(used) folded over too far and in order to start it I had the put a piece of metal in there to get it catch. I figured I'd try a another one, but this one didn't catch in the closed positon. I then bought 2 new ones and figured I'd be done with kickers for a long while. Its holding true 1 1/2 later ,perfect like new.

erectordale
11-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I have used 85/86 r kickers and also 350 kickers the don't set quite right against the plastic but works fine that's on my 86/87 200x's

Xowner
11-19-2006, 05:26 AM
dale hows that like new one i sold yah doing?

erectordale
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
XOWNER Its on my Tc racing engine. I have rebuilt 7 of these kickers for other people they are easy too rebuild as long as they are not totally worn out.