PDA

View Full Version : Got an R

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 03:29 AM
Picked this 1983 250R tonight!

In less then 2 months, I have become part of the Z, and the R club! Its been a good year. I picked this up from member Trikedude. Its a solid looking machine, we'll see how it runs on Sunday when I take her out. It has an extended axle, not sure of brand, think its +4. The stance on this thing is freaking huge. It has a fresh topend on it bored .040 over by a local powersports shop, and a 1986 250R carb on it. Last but not least, its got a DG pipe and silencer on it. It starts real easy, and idles well.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/ericbs200/DSC00008.jpg

Its not the best looking machine, but its very solid, rebuilt forks, new bearings, good seat, good fenders, ect....... I plan on using this as my daily rider till down the road, when it will join the Z with a frame up.

Paul is a great guy. He gave me a real good price on the R. He also has a Honda Pilot for sale, its a real neat looking machine. I would pick it up in a heartbeat if I had the extra skrilla.

TtownJoeShow
11-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Yeah man, thats a nice 83 for sure!! lol wish mine was in that shape....someday!

TravEX
11-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Good looking R! Have fun!

ATCGENIUS
11-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Great buy, that is a good looking 250r. Keep us posted on how it runs.

oldsking86
11-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Very nice R pal... clean her up and enjoy the rides that are to come from it, you won't be dissapointed :TrikesOwn

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
First things first, that pipe is going to the sandblaster next week before the rust claims her. Then I'll get some high temp black paint and make it look real pretty. Other then that its in real good shape, its going to clean up nice. The fenders are in great shape, with a little plastic work I could have them shining like new.

Cant wait to take her out.

ATC-Eric
11-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Heres the update gentlemen.

Took the bikes out today, we came home bating 330. We took my brothers Yamaha Warrior, my Warrior, and the R. Sad to say the Z did not reach completion for this trip. Turns out I wasnt as organized during the rebuild as I should have been. So sorry Lonesome, you have to wait till later this week to see an all black Z.

My friend Dan took my Warrior out for a ride while I did a plug chop on the R to get her tuned up right. I wasnt even half way through that when this happened......

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/ericbsemail/IMG_0111.jpg

The dang Warrior threw a rod right through the case!!!! I have known this motor was reaching its end for a little bit, just didnt expect that! I dont even know if the clyinder is usable, not until I open er up.

The R on the other hand did great.....until the end of the day. That thing screams! We had a lot of fun with it. It was running really well. Then my brother brought it back with a hissing sound after a bit of riding. At first we though it was a messed up ring, then we realized that the head had come loss! You could almost see through the gap on this thing! First suprise was that it was running, second was that it didnt hurt itself. Needless to say we loaded it on the trailer for closer inspection at home.

Later this week I'm going to crack into her and see what I've got to deal with.

My bros warrior was the only one that ran the hole day. Funny thing was I wasnt upset about my Warrior at all, I have a weird mentallity.