PDA

View Full Version : 125M wont spark....HELP!!

Scooter77
11-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Ok...i just replaced the ignition....and battery and spark plug. It gets power to everything when i turn it on...the lights work, It cranks....but it will not start..i unscrewed the plug (which is new) to see if it was getting a spark....cranked it over and no dice..its just not getting a spark...what is wrong with this old dump pile..its making me mad, i put part after part into this thing and it just wants more. the only thing i can think of is to get a new ignition coil...im hoping there may be a smaller problem but anway..any thoughts? :crazy:

bigreddaddy
11-14-2006, 11:21 PM
I would think the coil would be the first thing to go out. Are you sure your grounding the plug real good against the motor when checking spark?

ATCR250R
11-14-2006, 11:25 PM
After you recheck all the wiring connections and the obvious (Does it have a kill and is it on?) and try again pour a little bit of gas down the spark plug hole so then you are sure you are getting gas. If it has gas and compression it is definitly in the wiring and you will then trace down the source of the problem and if it runs that means you just didnt have the plug grounded enough or you were not able to see the spark. Hope this helps some.

Scooter77
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I'll try these thing tomorrow, thanks guys for the ideas.....i really hope i dont have to buy another ignition coil because i sure am getting sick of ebay and waiting in general.

erectordale
11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
scooter check the plug wire at the coil I have a 84 and thats why I didn't have spark

Scooter77
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Well After a few ours of tinkering i'v came to the conclusion that the coil is as dead as dead gets. I searched the wiring front to rear on that thing for any problems and didnt find one...all the wiring works and is as it should be its just im not getting spark. Looks like i need a 85 125M ignition coil now, Let me know if you see one guys and thanks for the helpful ideas.