PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a 70!

TravEX
11-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I've been looking for one close here for a few monthes. It's for my daughter's 5th birthday in December. I can't wait for her to see it, I've been sneaking rides in the yard with it when she's not paying attention.

Today I rewound the recoil spring and new rope, cleaned the carb out, drain and filled the gas, put inline gas filters in, changed the oil, new plug, cleaned the airbox and filter, and she fired right up. It had been sitting for a few monthes and needed some TLC.

Should the chain cover have some oil in it? It looks dry. Or do you just lube the chain with spray oil through the cap in the back? And where is the chain adjuster at?

I weigh 210, am I gonna hurt it? hehe

I gotta get one for me now!!! I love the little thing!!!

Travis

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/TravisLillard/HPIM1042.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/TravisLillard/HPIM1039-1.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/TravisLillard/HPIM1036.jpg

okiedragster
11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
thats too funny i just bought my daughter one too shes 5 also...lol
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59806

ceaserthethird
11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Got 1 for mine too , Santa's going to bring it on Dec/25 .... I don't know how's he's going to fit it down the Chimney ............. Don't for get the Helmet's !

TravEX
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah, we're gonna order a PINK one for her. She'll open the helmet box, and she will immediately know that I got her a 70. Me and her have been looking at em here on 3WW, and she loves em. She will probably end up wanting pink plastic and stuff. That's ok I guess.

okiedragster, that's too cool!

Vealmonkey
11-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Sure it's for your daughter, welcome to the dark side!

bigreddaddy
11-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Cool man. I bet she will love it. I bougt my son a tri-zinger (i'm sure you saw the pics) for xmas. I can't wait to give it to him. He has no idea. He's 6 years old. I've been looking for an atc70 for months but finally found the yammy.
There is an atc70 I might still buy, but my wife is about to make me sleep with the dogs for having all these machines. But she does really like the tri-zinger.

okiedragster
11-15-2006, 01:50 AM
but my wife is about to make me sleep with the dogs for having all these machines

i had to kick the dog out of his own house and now we are sharing the dog food...:lol: :Bounce

dufrain
11-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Nice one I have one just like it.You tighten the chain with the tensioner.Its a small sprocket ,you loosen the nut on it and move it in the slot to tighten the chain.I had my side covers and the chain cover off so many times fixing the stator I dont remember exactly how to tighten the chain with it all together.Just get some sticky chain lube to lube the chain up while you are tightening it.

TravEX
11-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks dufrain.

GPracer2500
11-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Lucky kids. From age 6 or 7 onwards I BEGGED Santa and my Mom for a three wheeler. A freind had an ATC70 and I would have sold my left arm for one of my own. "Santa" wasn't convined of their safety. Finally, I got an TRX70 in 1986. Trouble was, after one summer I was basically too big for it. I love my Mom, but she just never got the ATC/ATV/MC thing.

SYKO
11-15-2006, 01:21 PM
well its not a atc 70 but its a 70!! plus I couldnt get a trike in the price range I was willing to pay, I got this for my daughter to uprgrade to for christmas from her eton 50, I already got some foam and a cover coming and rear plastic, and going to add some more paint and a twist throttle to it, iv ealready been sneakin a few rides around, hahahahahhaehehehe:w00t:

El'Capitan
08-04-2007, 01:41 AM
thats pretty sweet. i have always wanted a 70, nice score

mymint87
08-04-2007, 03:08 AM
one of my daughters learned on a pw50 at age 4...heres a few pics of her with her trike about 5/6 years old

notice the riding equipment?...except when it's hot of course....LOL

JackFlack
08-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Got this for my Daughter a few years back.

Added front, back and Neutral Light.

TravEX
08-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Cool pics guys.

Last week my daughter was rinding in the yard and got too close to our 18' easy set swimming pool. The cotter pin on the front axle castle nut gashed a 2ft hole in the pole, hehe. 6000 gallons of water cam GUSHING out, hehe. Scared her at first, but we all had a good laugh. I was relieved, cause those pools are a PITA to maintain, especially since out pool cover got destoyed last year.

My 70 is still running strong, probably to favorite thing I have. I would love to have 2 more, so the 3 of us could ride 70's together in the yard.

Trouble
08-04-2007, 08:59 PM
haha thats awesome!!, i have been looking for one for my 5 year old nephew!. havent got one yet tho :(