PDA

View Full Version : need help with axal

troy
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey guys. I trying to change the bearings in my tri moto 200ern. I'm having a problem trying to get the black housing off of it. About a year ago i change the housing because i had to change the drive shaft. For some reason it won't come off. I removed the two bolts from the axal and oil seal. There is a collar still on it. is the bearing suppost to slide over top of it or do i removed it some how. like i said about a year i changed the drive shaft but i can't remember if i took that collar off or the bearing slid over top of it

If it does come off is it theaded or what?

Yamahauler
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Just take off the axle nuts and the pound it from the left side to make it coime out from the right.The collar doesnt need to be removed to get the axle out. Make sure the brake and caliper is off the other side.

Dont lose that collar...$25 to get a new one from yamaha (i lost mine)

What black housing are you talking about?

Im not sure if your trying to say your axle is hard to get out or not, but the 2 ytm's ive had, I had to take off the entire rear end and press the axle out. Theres no way to pound them out with a hammer or sledge without damaging..

troy
11-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I GOT IT!!:w00t: ...i did what you said and slid right out , the black houseing i was talking about was the casing that houses my drive shaft, and has the drain plug and filler plug. sorry if i didn't explain this alittle farther, i was in a hurry to get it apart and call the shop to get the bearing sent before they closed for the day. I notice only 2 of the three bearings are in bad shape, the outter one's on both the left side and right side, so i orders all three the two outter bearings and the center bearing, also all new seals, i figured why only do half the job when i can just do it all (remember these are for the axal). I check over the drive shaft sense i installed the new one last year, every thing looks great, no cracks, tears or any thing in the shaft. compared to the original one i pull that had chunks of spline missing (i still can't figure out how the original owner did this to it). I cleaned the parts up and now waiting for the bearings. I hope every thing works out.