PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!!

dwh91102
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone, new here, but not to 3 wheelers. I got my first 3 wheeler when I was 2 lol, and I still own it. I just bought a 85 350x a couple of days ago, and i'm trying to get everything cleaned up on it. The 350x was bought new by a friend of the family, and has only been riddin a handful of times. He never wanted to sell it, but was forced to, because of his wife leaving him. The only problem with it, was it was filthy, it hadn't been started in 3 years!!!! It wasn't seized or anything, the worst part was the crap in the gas tank, but for sitting for 3 years, its really not that bad. The other problem was a mouse had built a nest in the airbox, and had chewed on the filter some lol. So I have to go tomorrow to order a new air filter. I put filled the gas tank with fresh gas the other day, and have been letting it soak. I'm going to try the bb trick, and see what it looks like when i'm done, i've already put a inline filter on the hose. The only other thing i've done besides clean my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* off, is paint the header with bbq paint. I can't wait to ride the thing, it's been driving me nuts lol, but I wanted to get everything taken care of, before I rode it. I got pics of it, when I picked it up, and have been taking a few along the way while working on it, i'll post up in a few days. As for my original 3 wheeler, thats now my 2 y/o sons, its a 82 suzuki 50 trail buddy. I need to do some more work to it, it runs, but some times its a real bear to get started, but usally fine once its warm. Hes just learing, so I got the winter to work out the bugs on it. As far as my history in 3 wheelers, as said above I got the suzuki in the winter after my 2nd birthday, and have had many 3 wheelers along the way, along with bikes. The last 3 wheeler I owned (besides the 50) was a 85 200x with a stroker kit, and a white brothers exhaust system. Then the worst happened in 1995, my grandpa, and myself lost both are 3 wheelers, when our house burnt down. He had a 1986 350x, that had about 4 tanks of gas ran through it all its life, most of the time it sat under a cover in the garage. The fire melted them down to nearly nothing, the only thing left was the frames, rims, and axles. From then on I begin to race motocross, and had no 3 wheelers for a long time, untill my grandpa started buying them again. He passed away a few years ago, and they became my brothers and mine. Theres a 2 110's, big red, and a 200sx (not to sure on the years of them) So I've been watching for awhile now trying to find one, so I can ride with my son, then this deal came along, and I couldn't pass it 1k for the 350x. Well enough rambling, I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow for you guys to see. Lots of work to do tomorrow on my off day, to take care of the gas tank. Thanks to everyone here, for such a awesome sight. :TrikesOwn

Somekindofjerk
11-13-2006, 12:01 AM
You might want to change the oil and oil filter as well, just as a precaution :D

Got any pics to post up? 350X's are awsome!

dwh91102
11-13-2006, 12:12 AM
You might want to change the oil and oil filter as well, just as a precaution :D

Got any pics to post up? 350X's are awsome!
Yeah, I'm going to change the oil for sure, what are you guys running. On my race bikes we ran royal purple, i'm gonna see what the have at the shop tomorrow. As for the pics, I have a few I have taken when I got it, and while i've been working on it, but there on the home pc, and i'm at work. I'll do my best to get some up tomorrow.

Somekindofjerk
11-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I run Castroll GTX high millage 10w30 in mine now. There is allso a oil filter behind that three 8mm bolt cover that says honda on it on the right lower side of your engine with a oil line running out of it. They are pretty cheap and is a good idea to get!