PDA

View Full Version : ok fellas, help me out

aquapunk
11-11-2006, 01:58 PM
alright, so after 3 months, i finally finished rebuilding my 84 200x :w00t: , i had to replace the crankshaft, (i'll post some pics later of the damage:mad: ) along with other stuff, so i put it all back together, followed my book every step... and im 99.99% sure that i got everything timed right and t.d.c. so its all put back in the frame, ready to go.... its oiled and gased up... but when i kick it, it doesnt fire up.... it backfires every once in a while, usually when i hit the throttle while kicking.... its got spark too, nice blue spark... ive even tried starting fluid... no dice.... its about 55 degrees out here... so do i need to choke it, and also i dont remember if choke is moving the lever up or down.... i really was hoping to go hit the riverbed today, so if y'all could help me out, i'd really, REALLY appreciate it :TrikesOwn

super90
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
The choke is in the off position when its down. Its on when it parallel to the carb. Did you spray the starter fluid straight into the engine or through the carb?

aquapunk
11-11-2006, 03:51 PM
straight into the engine,through the spark plug hole

borgerallstar2
11-11-2006, 08:55 PM
this is aquapunk, im at my friends house on his account, i followed everything the book said to do, so i really dont understand whats goin on

Erics350x
11-11-2006, 10:40 PM
try pooring a small amount of gas in the cylinder and cranking it. starting fluid evaporates fast . as for the choke, up is on. double check the timing on the pulser and the f mark.

aquapunk
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
well, i guess the pulse generator is out of timing.... im thinkin about selling it off... how much could i get from it the engine is basically brand new... rear fenders are cracked, and theres a dime size wear spot in the rear of the seat... the rest of the stuff is in my sig

ATCR250R
11-12-2006, 11:44 PM
You are so close to victory, timing isnt that bad once you know how to do it. I wish you were closer I would time it for you but just keep working at it and you should have a runner real soon.

aquapunk
11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
oh, im not sellin it cause i cant time it, like afterwards, i've had this for about 2 years, and im really wanting to move to a stronger trike, possibly a 2 stroke? i dont know, i might keep it... kinda grown attached.... ive tried twice to get the timing right, but maybe thats not the problem... after the 2nd try, my spark plug is getting some black on it, whereas before it wasnt doing anything... when timing it, i pull the left cover off, so i can see the timing mark for the crank, and it lines up with the mark on the top, above the cdi cover... and im lining up the pulse generator with whatever its called, *brainfart*... this is right, isnt it?