PDA

View Full Version : atc70 pipe

350Xccelerator
04-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I have a 1985 atc70 and i want to put a pipe on it but i don't know if there are any besides cobra i would get a cobra but i want a spark arrestor on it i mostly want power to come out of a new pipe. What should i get?

86waterpumper
04-12-2003, 01:02 PM
dennis kirk has just the spark arrestors for sale, for 34 bucks but I don't know if they would fit in the 70 muffler or not, you might call and ask them. The most power is going to be derived from the regular cobra megaphone exhaust than the quiet series one as it would be more restrictive, but a muffler by itself without other mods won't add a ton of power anyway. I think the two cobra pipes are all that is available new though.

350Xccelerator
04-13-2003, 06:45 PM
I'd like a cobra but i dont want it to be too loud. Does anyone know how a cobra sounds on a 70.

az350x
04-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I have a Supertrapp (steel) on one of my 70s. I got it used from someone else who said it was for an '85 (which mine is). I traded my stock pipe straight across for it. It fit, but it's not exactly contoured right. I'm probably going to cut the mid-section of the pipe, clock it a few degrees, and re-weld it so it'll attach to the frame back by the muffler (mounting tab). It does sound awesome though- although it's the only one I've ever seen, and don't know if it was really for that bike or not. You should be able to fabricate one fairly easily with one of Supertrapps "universal" muffler and a headpipe, I would think...