PDA

View Full Version : thx for nothing

hatedinaz
04-12-2003, 12:16 PM
so i posted a question a week ago about torqe specs on a 85 350x .
i got no reply at all.am i supposed to beleive that no one on this board has the book or the knowledge.thx for nothing.
im going to 3wheeler.org at least people respond to the newcomers overthere

200x Basket
04-12-2003, 12:23 PM
well i dont have one.

BIGKAHUNA
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Ditto...me niether.

als250
04-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't have answer either, but board was having probs lately. Alot of guys couldn't get in! Did you try bumping it to top at all? Maybe guys with answer didn't see post? Did you try "BUYING A MANUAL"!
Sorry you're not happy with site, I think it's EXCELLENT!!! I believe I can see why you're "hatedinaz", though. Lose the attitude!

86waterpumper
04-12-2003, 12:50 PM
hatedinaz, people here have a life, and other issues than answering your question as soon as they can :rolleyes: plus not everyone here rides a 350x. Noone here is obligated to be your mechanic, however I have found people here to be VERY helpful on sharing information and help. I would have answered your question had i seen it earlier, I was probably at work when it was posted and then it moved off the front page I figure that's the same reason noone else answered it. i hunted the old one up and see that you already have a manaul on the way, it was good to buy a manual, not so good to be impatient and act an ass HAHA....At any rate, the torque specs are listed in my manual as being between 6 and 9. It's hardly a critical area, just grab a wrench and snug the cover down. My torque wrench won't even read under 20.

hatedinaz
04-12-2003, 12:57 PM
so becuase i dont appreciate being ignored by people who are supposed to be helping eachother ,i have an attitude.im just tryin to restore my first trike as an adult an i expected that people with simiar interests would help me out along the way.i dont think that voicing my dissatifaction with the help i got is having an attitude.i think you guys know that you are quicker to help eachother and not newcomers so your only defense is to act like im the one with the problem.not a one of you even had the decency to let me know that you didnt have a manual or the knowledge you just ignored it.now we all know that the specs from motor to motor is going to be a little different but if one of you could not come up with info on a very common honda motor then there is bigger problems here than you guys being inconsiderate.

TimSr
04-12-2003, 12:59 PM
In the past we have frowned upon people blindly offering information when they had no idea what they were talking about. If nonone answered, nonone knew or else just didnt happen to see your post. You have gotten responses to other posts, and Im sorry nonone was able to help you with this one. I couldnt tell you any of the torque specs on my equipment, because the only thing I ever put a torque wrench on is the head, and Im sure a lot of guys dont torque case cover bolts.

We are not in competition with org, and you are right to consider it another great resource. I would encourage you to ask your questions there as well. The more people you ask, the more likely someone will know.

People on both sites offer help when they can, on their own time and at their own expense, for the sole purpose of helping fellow ATVers. We are not factory paid technical support, so all support should be considered a gift, and not an entitlement. Im sure youll have other issues in the future that we will be able to help you with.

hatedinaz
04-12-2003, 01:04 PM
well iwas under the impression that this board was designed to help eachother out so as far as my personal mechanic comment goes i was just using the board for what it was designed.and as far as you trying to make me look stupid by saying "its hardly a critical area" i just prefer to do things right the first time.and as far as the board being down or my post not being on the front page or people having lives,i got a response on three wheeler.org the first day,now he didnt have exact infor ethier but at least he tried to help.

86waterpumper
04-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Well I usually post questions or posts on both boards where as TimSr said, the greatest number of people can look at it. I have had questions answered here first in the past, and I have had questions answered at .org in the past. I just hunted up your post at .org. I see that noone there gave you the correct torque specs yet. In my last post I gave you the correct specs, so which site was more helpful in this instance? I was not trying to make you look stupid, it really isn't a critical area and that's the same thing repobud told you at .org. The correct torque for a sidecover really boils down to snugging it up enough for no oil or fluids to leak past the seals, even honda gives a three or four number spread on it, proving that they too see it as a non issue. If you need anymore torque specs i'll be happy to look them up as it's the weekend and I have the time and I'm at the house to do it.

200x Basket
04-12-2003, 01:17 PM
well stop posting and haul ass, see ya!!!

Gordy
04-12-2003, 01:20 PM
so becuase i dont appreciate being ignored by people who are supposed to be helping eachother ,.

I have found people here to be VERY helpful on sharing information and helping others, in fact just today I ask a question and I got a anwser, now Im new to this site and I really like it, so if you having trouble, if I was you look at yourself then speak. Thank You Jess

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6810

Dirtcrasher
04-12-2003, 01:29 PM
*** Edited ***
Comment not needed.
Howdy

Howdy
04-12-2003, 01:33 PM
so i posted a question a week ago about torqe specs on a 85 350x .
i got no reply at all.am i supposed to beleive that no one on this board has the book or the knowledge.thx for nothing.
im going to 3wheeler.org at least people respond to the newcomers overthere

I didn't see the posting other wise I would have replied myself. I do have a manual at the shop but I don't have one here at home. Sometimes with some notice I do bring a manual or 2 home. I would have done this if I would have seen your posting.

Now I was able to and I did answer another persons posting today ( rim size ). That information I know off the top of my head and don't need a manual. To remember all torque specs for any machine is hard for me. I haven't used them enough lately to remember them.
Not everyone keeps all their manuals close to the computer. My shop is 3 miles away manuals are normally kept there.
Sorry!

Howdy

jeswinehart
04-12-2003, 02:12 PM
hatedinaz, side case bolts,,,, 6 - 9 ft. lbs.

john

plkmonster2
04-12-2003, 02:17 PM
some of my q's weren't answered when i first came here. i either ttt'd it, or asked it in a different way. btw, good one kilabeez! haha

plkmonster2
04-12-2003, 02:27 PM
oh yeah, forgot to add why you are "hated in arizona"

yyz4208@aol.com
04-12-2003, 06:16 PM
YOU REALLY NEED TO BUY A MANUEL AND *** EDITED BY HOWDY ***

ATCRYDER
04-12-2003, 07:05 PM
*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

Good job in the crying contest, Kid.

It never occured to your n00b arse that people either didnt have a manual handy or they dont have the specs at all. *GASP*

///Good enough, Howdy?/// :shock:

BIGKAHUNA
04-12-2003, 07:16 PM
"We are not factory paid technical support, so all support should be considered a gift, and not an entitlement."

Uh huh....I believe Tim Sr. sums it up best.

hatedinaz
04-12-2003, 07:41 PM
if you read my original post you will see its what i consider to be the truth
,theres no slander no name calling just a little voicing of a greivance.do you consider that childish?or is childish callin people names and posting pictures of star wars characters.by the way im not a child im 30 and my folks just died,but thx for the joke anyways.this could have all been avoided if someone had just replied with "hey man i dont have exact specs but this is what i do"

Dirtcrasher
04-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Sorry about your folks. You should have just bumped it a couple of times. There are days people are here alot and times they only log in for a moment once a week. Maybe it was perceived incorrectly but some of us felt like you were saying "well if you won't help me, then na na na I'll go to 3W.org". Fine just go there as I did a couple of times in the past when after repeated bumps I got no response here. But I would never burn my 3WWorld site as I've rarely had trouble here and always get help. I love this place!! :-D

punkbek3886
04-12-2003, 08:41 PM
yeah well ive only been on here for 3 days and ive had every question ive asked answered. this is a great site.

Howdy
04-12-2003, 08:55 PM
There is no need for any more Rude comments in this thread. I missed one and when I came back and checked it out there were a few more. I edited them out or removed them all together.

While some of us missed the original thread, others didn't have a reply to give. There is no need to be bashing anyone or any web site.

Keep it clean or Else I will be forced to do things I don't like to do.

A little reminder: Fowl language in the forums is not allowed. Even if it's in a picture.
If you have a picture that may be questionable please ask before posting.

Thanks
Howdy

KASEY
04-12-2003, 09:08 PM
hatedinaz,,,, this is the first time i have seen your post and i would have answered you but you see this is the FIRST TIME ,,i have seen it,,,, your not starting off on the right foot here ,,,, some posts just get skimmed and not answered either cause we don't have the info ,,or its to much trouble to look it up ,, there is a way around this thooo,,, put something intresting in the subject space!!! try this one NEED SOME INFO ON MY 87 350X,,, THAT WILL GET THEM JUMPING ,,TRUST ME!!! OR maybe for sale $5 head for a 350x,,,,, i know several that would jump on that one!!! remember be creative it will work in your favor!!!! if not be sneaky!!!!

Howdy
04-13-2003, 08:52 AM
I locked this thread to stop the insults. Sorry but it has to be.
Howdy