PDA

View Full Version : 350x Gurus Enter Here

OZQUAD44
11-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi Guys

I'm looking at a 350X on (E-you-know-where) and I have a couple of questions.

Are clutch components still available for these machines?

Are there any components that are the same as the XR motorbike engine, ie: transmission or clutch components?

How do they go compared to a 250R?

Have a look at the picture and tell me if you think this particular trike has an aftermarket axle? and finally

How much would pay for an 1985 350X in this condition? All the bits are there and the Motor runs but; plastics are cracked, clutch slips, fork boots perished, seat cover torn, and one gear in the transmission drops out of engagement every now and again.

Thanks for your assistance, in advance

200xman
11-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Hi Guys

I'm looking at a 350X on (E-you-know-where) and I have a couple of questions.

Are clutch components still available for these machines?

Yes, everything for the clutch is stilll available.

Are there any components that are the same as the XR motorbike engine, ie: transmission or clutch components?

Not sure, never tried to interchange. Most parts are still available from Honda.

How do they go compared to a 250R?

Not quite as quick but they have tractor like torque. Probably the best all around trike ever made.

Have a look at the picture and tell me if you think this particular trike has an aftermarket axle? and finally

Looks like a stocker to me.

How much would pay for an 1985 350X in this condition? All the bits are there and the Motor runs but; plastics are cracked, clutch slips, fork boots perished, seat cover torn, and one gear in the transmission drops out of engagement every now and again.

$400-750 depending on how bad you want it.

Thanks for your assistance, in advance

OZQUAD44
11-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Cool reply 200Xman

Erics350x
11-08-2006, 09:33 AM
find out if theres any case damage from the chain jumping . i wouldnt give any more than $700.00

bigred1981
11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
If they are rare in your area like they are here in my area, Then sometimes it seems too easy to buy them in bad condition. If you look hard enough you'll find one in good condition, but probably will pay $$$. Depends on what you want to put into it because Lord only knows what else is wrong with it once you start tearing into it. To buy I'd say.. get it as cheap as you can if your willing to work on it.

kb200x
11-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Looks like a stock axle to me also. Not sure how rare they are there but on average I would say a nice well maintained 350x is about $1500. I would try and figure what it would take to get it back in good shape and still not have more than 1500 in it. I would probably pay $700 - $800.

You really cant compare a 350x and 250r its apples and oranges. There not alike at all. 250r is a high strung fast racer. 350x is the king of the trail. I agree with 200xman the 350X may be the best all around trike ever made.

Good luck

NOS_350X
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
They are completly diffrent engines from the XR bikes.

Check the frame for cracks and the rear upper motor mount, the case on the engine is known for braking there after the frame cracks. The left side of the frame cracks right above the footpeg.

And with some work you can have the X runnin with a R. But your much more limited to how fast you can make it.

threewheelin-feelin
11-09-2006, 01:31 AM
They are completly diffrent engines from the XR bikes.

Check the frame for cracks and the rear upper motor mount, the case on the engine is known for braking there after the frame cracks. The left side of the frame cracks right above the footpeg.

And with some work you can have the X runnin with a R. But your much more limited to how fast you can make it.

yes but most parts(frame swinger and engine)from the 400ex 300ex and 350x all interchange from what ive heard

firefirefire90
11-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Looks like it has been wheelied a bit too hard from that grab bar. I guess I just agree with everyone else! If you do get that one, take some air out of those tires. THey look way overinflated.

OZQUAD44
11-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Looks like it has been wheelied a bit too hard from that grab bar. I guess I just agree with everyone else! If you do get that one, take some air out of those tires. THey look way overinflated.

Yeah I think that is an Aussie thing I'm afaid to say. I see a lot of quad owners (who don't know much about quads) pump all their tyres up to about 20PSI. Ive lost count of the times I've seen this done down here. I think its because bike owners get into quads and thats what you pump "tyres" up to! apparently. :wondering

Lots of good info there fellas thanks.

Might just think about this for a bit. I'm really after a Tri-Z or 250R to go with my green machine. I'd just hate to think I passed up an opportunity to own a 350X becasue you don't see many about.

wolfspider
11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
hi ozquad
i`d snag it up if the price is right, if its anything like the uk(350x not officially imported) then chances are you won`t see another for a good few years.
most parts seem available, theres maier fenders and plastic tanks available.
www.atcheaven.com in aus list all sorts of parts for the 350x, i`d say go for it.!!!;)

NOS_350X
11-09-2006, 09:21 PM
yes but most parts(frame swinger and engine)from the 400ex 300ex and 350x all interchange from what ive heard

Well thats what you get for listing to what people say. There rong. The 300ex rear axle will fit on the 350x but is like 2 or 3 inches narrower. But other than that nothing elce will interchange between them.