PDA

View Full Version : Who came up with what?

Troll 2
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Ever since Blazer built his custom 350x........I was hooked on custom trikes.
I know modifing atc's has been around since they were new. But I think members here have come up with original ideas too. Some may think they came up with a twist by spending hours of thinking about any one particular area of a trike. Maybe not? I just wonder if its been done before.
I think credit goes to many including blazer, chainsaw, kasey, derrick, speedbump, ronnie ectt...
I think blazers simple matching fork paint scheme is a great idea. I see he's done that a number of times and Its a great idea.
http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/picture.php?img=image3.jpg&show=full

Some ideas may be small, others ground breaking. I like to think I've done a few. But its a big world.

I like to two-tone front fenders and paint the underside of rear fenders. Then came up with a stainless vented head light. I seen double wide pegs on a blaster,they worked for a atc too. Polished rib front hub. Milling alum. handlebar clamp pieces. Clear sided air box and strenthed 86 350x rear wheels. Jeweling rear grab bar fuel cap. Switching up fenders and fabbing one of a kind seats. Its lots of fun, some done before and credit to them. Still fun to think of new things.

Gallery; http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/
http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/picture.php?img=P1013536.JPG&show=full

I like kaseys atc 70 cut-out hubs, derricks fork boots, chainsaws all black trike and 3-d graphics. Speedbumps cr/atc conversion, ronnies custom componets, ectt......

What have you came up with? Thanks
Hi Wheelies to you.............................:beer

MIK6
11-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I am the 1st guy w/ a blue tank cover on my 87 T3. I think it looks different and cool, but thats just me. I do know a few will be copying it.

MIK6 / Mike

super90
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I think i was the first to put a HMF pipe on my 110. But of course it didnt stay, it was only temporary so i could ride it without excessive noise.

Dammit!
11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I like to mix custom with the OEM look. Like my new seat with the flames but still has the OEM looking stenciled logos. My decals are just like OEM but the colors are custom to match the rest of the trike. I might be the first person to have custom fork boot covers made to perfectly match the custom seat but I stole the fork boot cover idea from Derrick Adams so that might DQ me. :lol:

Meat-BoX
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm the Whiner who pestered AussieDunner and everyone else here for the last few years, trying to get a Vented # plate for the Fat Front 84-85 Tecate:rolleyes:
Big Green and Mik6 sent theirs to Aussie to copy so I guess everyone can say thx to the Meaty One for his years of dedication and finally getting that one super rare piece for the front of their Fat and Skinny Front end Trikes. :postwhore :crazy:
Other than that my Tecate is pretty unoriginal and needs a major upgrade.:eek:

mymint87
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I think it's cool that trike owners pump out different versions of "this and that"

Many times I've seen things that people do to modify a 3 wheeler ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i.e.. LBC's with "shaggy dice" to the extreme..

the only other vehicle I can think of is the "Volkswagon Bug" inwhich you would find a variety and extreme outragious lengths owner will go to, to make it "One of a Kind" .......think about it....:welcome:

Bryan Raffa
11-07-2006, 09:45 PM
well im one of the first to pull off a tri z 490...Yes theres been lots of threds on it on this site and org.. But no one pulled it off that i know of on any site. But im shure it has been done somewhere along the line back in the day.. :)

Louis Mielke
11-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I think I'm the first to use a 400ex arm for a 500 conversion. I think anyway. lol

4cylinders
11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
hey, keep up the good work. just remember, fabrication is fun!!

4cylinders
11-07-2006, 11:17 PM
hey, keep up the good work. just remember, fabrication is fun!!

350xBomb
11-08-2006, 12:52 AM
This is why I keep comin back to this site....everyone has great, original, and functional ideas. This is one of the best places to brainstorm and daydream all at the same time.

Yamahauler
11-08-2006, 12:58 AM
im the only one i know that got a YTM 225 diff on a YTM 200 but that was childs play...(it sucks by the way)

I sent aussie Z shrouds to copy. Anyone that uses them is copying me.

Nothin Ive done compares to what some of these guys come up with

KASEY
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
i think i am safe saying i am the first to carve a watermelon, instead of a pumpkin!!!!

i call this " faceless punks! "
http://i14.tinypic.com/2s6rbbb.jpg

:beer

PitboyJohn
11-08-2006, 01:17 AM
i made my own fat cat b 4 out of an xr 250,custom triple trees and swingarm and 25 inch wooley boogers but it looked like crap and was a total death trap so i tore it apart quickly *Edited**Edited* anybody died on it.

takin steel fab course next fall so ill have all the skills to build some sick custom machines.

those are some mean lookin trikes thou

Derrick Adams
11-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Innovative ideas while building is half the fun for me. When i'm staring at my bike I like to think out of the box. "What would Troll do?" lol

Aside from the shock covers on the Z, I think i'm the only one to mate CR500 suspension to a 250R. LOTS more coming on this winters projects.;)

OZQUAD44
11-08-2006, 07:04 AM
I like to mix custom with the OEM look. Like my new seat with the flames but still has the OEM looking stenciled logos. My decals are just like OEM but the colors are custom to match the rest of the trike. I might be the first person to have custom fork boot covers made to perfectly match the custom seat but I stole the fork boot cover idea from Derrick Adams so that might DQ me. :lol:

Dammit I wanna know who made your seat cover and how much it cost dammit.

And I wanna know now Dammit! :p :p :p

atctim
11-08-2006, 09:42 AM
To the best of my knowledge - I am the first person to put a sport trike front end on a Big Red ~ (200X front end on 250ES). This was done out of necessity - at the time I needed a new front clip, and I wanted to do something different. Worked out really well in the end. By far this is the best trail bike / cruisin' machine I have ever ridden.

Dammit!
11-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Dammit I wanna know who made your seat cover and how much it cost dammit.

And I wanna know now Dammit! :p :p :p

Cosmic Quads! aka Moshman355 and Mrs.Moshman here on the site. They did an awesome job! Just send Tammy a pm and tell her what you want and she'll give you an estimate on price.

200X Racer
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Im pretty sure I am the omly one to convert a Yamaha YZ80 to an ATC.

Yamahondaman
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
i think i am safe saying i am the first to carve a watermelon, instead of a pumpkin!!!!
:beer
Down here in "Palmghetto" them watermellon's and Chrome Hubcap's don't stick around too long !! :D
also the "Bolt Tires" i think are the first in Fla. for Destroying the Road's !!
NICE BIKES You Guy's !!!

scooterroo
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm the Whiner who pestered AussieDunner and everyone else here for the last few years, trying to get a Vented # plate for the Fat Front 84-85 Tecate:rolleyes:
Big Green and Mik6 sent theirs to Aussie to copy so I guess everyone can say thx to the Meaty One for his years of dedication and finally getting that one super rare piece for the front of their Fat and Skinny Front end Trikes. :postwhore :crazy:
Other than that my Tecate is pretty unoriginal and needs a major upgrade.:eek:
you are the man meat!!! thanks ever so much for the pestering, all us fatfronted t3 owners thankyou!!!

moose 53
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Has anyone else converted a KTM 540-550 to a Tecate or 250R? :Bounce http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=51730

PowerTech
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM
that KTM is incredible. work of art.

one thing though i think it needs some tires front and back. the back specialy way to soft and round. a flat profile wide tire back there and it would handle like a totlay differnt bike.

moose 53
11-08-2006, 02:02 PM
I have been looking at BigGreenMachine`s ITP Spidertracs on his Tecate .They look like they would be very stable.:Bounce http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59439&page=2

PowerTech
11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
very good choice spider tracks , and gobs of traction. needs a wide rim so they lay down flat ,or they will be round to.

she looks sort of tall. maybe a wider axle or some extedders. and some fast treckers or tracker ? and she would sling around nice and predictable.

i run a kenda front max A/T in the front very nice tire. i think you need a taller front and smaller rears. and wider axle some how. that bike looks as tall as a horse.

i think that bike is genuis . i am talking wow! the front forks are sick.

let me run this by you. how cool would a similar bike be with a huskvarna engine with orange plastics be and silver frame . call it CHAINSAW!

if they still made 3 wheelers that KTM is probably what they would have sort of evolved into i bet.

Meat-BoX
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Sweet ride there. Definatly throw some 20"-10"-10" Fast Trekkers on the rear and a Kenda Front max on the front. Thats what Im rollin with and I love the combo. Would like to see that Trike at Trikefest next summer:beer

Jason Hall
11-08-2006, 09:30 PM
I think I was the first to put a CR85 engine Into a 86 250R frame.

I have another hair brained Idea that Includes a Tri Zinger for my 9 year old to ride at TF07. It will be chain driven with full suspension.

Yamahondaman
11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey jason ... ain't the "ZINGERS" Shaft Drive ??

Jason Hall
11-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes they are shaft drive, but the one I will build wont be :beer It will be a pretty cool ride for a kid. Once I start building It I will post up some Pic's.

Yamahondaman
11-08-2006, 09:51 PM
How in the HECK you gonna do THAT ?? Back in the day i was think'n bout useing a 3/8" extention on my son's when i was gonna S T R E T C H it...
but i didn't

Jason Hall
11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Well I will use a different engine than the zinger origionally had. I will build a swingarm. It will have a 6 speed trans & the small forks from the bike the engine Is In. I can't wait to start on It.

dizasterzrfun69
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
How in the HECK you gonna do THAT ?? Back in the day i was think'n bout useing a 3/8" extention on my son's when i was gonna S T R E T C H it...
but i didn't

I know howdy had a 250sx engine in a golfcart of his. He welded or bolted (cant remember) a sprocket to the shaft that came out of the engine and then i think he ran it straight to the drive train in the golfcart. I think he probablly had the motor sideways in there but it was probally a year or so ago when i saw it so i cant remember the details. maybe he even took that elbow off of the engine...??....(if that's possible).

Kevin

Yamahondaman
11-08-2006, 10:12 PM
HUMMMM ?
Kinda like Watching TOTAL RECALL .... LOT'S of Mixed Weird Stuff ??
if it werk's ...................... DO IT !!! :beer

SpeedBump
12-24-2006, 09:58 AM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=2257&highlight=tires+bolts

Had these up on my RAG 350EX conversion way back. Still got em...plannin on bringin em to TF for a side by side sparkfest. Whacha think? BTW, they started out life with over 1 inch of bolt...after a late night incident resulting in a loss of illumination during a HUGE SNOWSTORM. The 8 mile ride up the higway took em down to this. BOOOOO!!! :D

KASEY
12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
THE PROBLEM IS,,, trikes started being customized way back in the mid 70's so to say i was the FIRST ,,,, hmmmm well i think not ,,, i built a trike out of a bike in the late 70's before most of you were born,, and i wasn't the first,, i put a 185 suzuki in a 70 frame in the early 80's too,, and i put a 125cc water cooled motor in a 84 250r frame too,,, and i know there were alot of others doing the same,, all in an effort to go faster than a stocker,,, or to fit in to a class that wasn't supported by a good fast machine from the dealer,, at the races there were alot of one off's as you see in some of the things that surface from time to time,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D :D :D

200x Basket
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
hmmm, i put a FMF kx250 pipe on my 86 kxt, i put ninja rear brakes on the same kxt. i did lots of little things different on that trike.

i think i am the 1st on these sites to flip the rear brake pedal and build an attached working kicker on my 500r. i also think i am the 1st flip seat on the site.

4cylinders
12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
hey, for those that are interested, go to http://www.borgeson.com for shafts and ujoints.

200x newby
12-24-2006, 02:20 PM
im most deffinate im the first to put a trx450r exhasut on an 86 200x

Dammit!
12-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I might be the first person to run over their leg while doing a stand up wheelie. I never have figured out how the hell I did that. :lol:

Billy Golightly
12-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I was the first to:

Use a YFZ450 axle in a Tri-Z

Use KTM85SX inverted front forks on a trike after designing and making my own tripple clamps

Use 250R foot pegs on a Tri-Z (that didn't work so well though)

I wasn't the first to make my own 10inch front wheel, but I think I was the first to make a 10inch wheel out of just two halves and nothing else.

Make a aluminum CR500 conversion subframe where the seat bolted on without any original hardware using a cannondale rear mastercylinder.

Use a center mount silencer on a CR500 conversion.

Jason Hall
12-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey billy I think I was the first hillbilly to make my own 10" front wheel from 2 banshee rear wheels:wondering Yours looks 1000 times better, Nice & shinny :beer

maggiesboy
12-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I sent aussie Z shrouds to copy. Anyone that uses them is copying me.

I'm guilty :D

maggiesboy
12-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I was the first to:

Use a YFZ450 axle in a Tri-Z

more details please...... I was thinking of using a G-Force axle from RMATV due to the low cost...... did you use a different carrier?

Billy Golightly
12-25-2006, 03:13 PM
No. YFZ450 axle bearings and seals, YFZ450 sprocket hub and sprocket. Hub needs machined. Tri-Z brake hub, needs machined to accept a snap ring to hold it in place and then your done. I'm over simplifying of course, but its definitely do able.

Troll 2
12-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like this guy had a few ideas back in the day......................:beer

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/Trikegodtroll/racermods.jpg

burnoutboy
12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
An aircooled R with a watercooled motor?.. sweet

Troll 2
04-13-2008, 11:43 PM
I had a few ideas. Not sure if there the first though.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/Trikegodtroll/36009.jpg

.250sx forks and clamps on a 1979 atc110 Honda.
.Narrowed front sx rim and ran a narrow 20" front tire.
.Then went with a 83'r front fender.
.Out back is 85'r fender that tilts.
.A solo seat
.Cut flames in number plate area. Backed by polished aluminum inserts.

Build thread; http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?p=610400#post610400 ...............................:beer