PDA

View Full Version : therapy sucks

digity x
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
well another day of physical therapy that sucks stretch my leg three ways to sunday, man acl surgery is a long ordeal. boy do i miss my trike and quad. mite ride her today if so piks will be posted.

Scooter77
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I dont see where it would hurt as long as you take it easy. I screwed my shoulder up pretty good back in the day and i still rode, i just didnt haul ass or go over rough terrain.

scooterroo
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
hell i rode with my leg in a cast and string attached to the shifter so i could shift up, when needed to shift down, just hit the shifter with the cast. but i was stupid back then and didnt care to much.would i do that today, probably not. you know digity, you were there, and i even believe you were in a brace cuz of the first time you screwed up the knee.

digity x
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
body casts or anything would not stop digity from riding either his 2 tecates or his 110 200x quadsports lt250r dingo cart and dont forget about the tri skat'' and the 200s. is that all?

digity x
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
forgot about the moto4 80 and all the go karts too.

ScottZJ
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
You are telling me man! I am on my 2nd week of PT and its horrible. Shoulder surgery stinks and you can do nothing around the house. I sure hope this passes quickly cuz Im ready to get back on the road.

bigreddaddy
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Just be glad you didn't get an infection in that knee during surgery. A friend of mine did and she wore a leg brace for almost a year and had a total of 8 more surgeries. All because of an infection from the first one.

russell56443
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah I know what ya mean,back in 85 I tore the lig,tendons and cartlige out of my right wrist,I was in a cast for 6 weeks and then another 2 or so after I wrecked a bicycle and broke my finger going to the corner store for smokes lol,I didnt even try explaining that to the Dr(told them I tripped over my dog)lol!!!

digity x
11-07-2006, 03:58 PM
got back from pt said to the hell with it, hopped on the 200x tried like hell to kick it over sitting down, after a long ordeal with its compression she fired up'' thumped ta da thump thump she was alive'' boys after she warmed up i took off like i wasnt even laid up.man it felt good. third fourth and fifth gear but it was short and sweet man im ready to ride the wild turf''

scooterroo
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
the tri scat, now that is vintage!!! had some funtimes on that thing. the main thing i remember is the night when i pulled it over to start it and the throttle stuck wide open and it took off on me, remember that, hilarious!!!!! talk about ghost riding, thing almost took out the corner of the house and then went across the yard and flipped thru the barbed wire fence landing upside down and still was running. god, the good ole days.

Howdy
11-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I had ACL and medial meniscus surgery June 1st this year. I wasn't able to ride a ATV until about 2-3 weeks ago. Now I can ride, but no crazy riding. I had PT for 3 months because my knee was messed up pretty good. I'm finally doing better, but it's been a slow recovery.
I know other people that had ACL surgery and was back to 90% or better in 8 weeks. With me, it must be age. lol

All in all I feel for you. Been there had that. Hope to never go through it again ( even though my right knee is now almost as bad as the left was ).
Howdy

PitboyJohn
11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
when i was 16 i snapped my right femur in 2,still got the rod in my leg,needed a cane to walk for 6 months but still rode hard the whole time.couple years later got the foot caught in sled track and snapped my ankle real good and of coarse rode with the cast a week later.at 22 im at 14 bones broke,dislocated shoulder,i set metal detectors off and when old man winter comes i feel like an old man.

take it easy and recover properly or it'll come back.

oxycontin and cheeb doesnt always work either.