PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how to drive.... fork bent.. help!

tyman
11-05-2006, 05:11 PM
well i feel really ****ing retarded... but i was goin down a hill and never turned... by the time i was "back on earth" i was heading towards a tree in 4th... i grabbed the brake and pushed the rears and it was too late.. crash! into a tree... my foot hurts like h*ll but thats the least of my worries... my fork is bent... not bad... the tire is about an inch to the right, farther than it should be.. and it pulls a little... its livable but i feel so stupid that i want to fix it.... heres the problem.... my dad said if i break anything on it again, he's taking it away... so i have to fix it without taking it off.... so anyone have any suggestions??? i'm most certain the fork is bent and the tripples didn't just slide... and my headlight guard, which by the way i just got today, is bent so i'll just say it was bent a little when i got it.... atleast it did its job and saved my headlight..

:( ahhhh!

the great gazoo
11-05-2006, 05:25 PM
If you can get the bent leg off, any machine shop will have a press that can get it so close to correct you can't even tell. Good luck.

tyman
11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
i'm hoping thats my last resort..... anyone have any ideas on bending it back WITHOUT taking it out and sending it to someone...

smyers33
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/grc7077/$FILE/hammer%20-%20sledge.jpg
I like to call it the Persuasive hammer...;)

the great gazoo
11-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Ya, go w/ smeyers idea mo-......those things bring some incredible results!