PDA

View Full Version : She cleaned up pretty nice...

iTsA81aTc200
11-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi Gents,

I know that a lot of you are racers so this '81 ATC200 might not be up your alley, but I thought that I'd post a couple pictures of my fall project. It started out as a $300 basket case, didn't run worth a crap, missing lots of parts, plastics in tough shape,... But this was by no means a full restoration, more of a clean-up, tune-up, and make whole again kind of project. A head rebuild and carb clean and rejetting (thanks to the great info on 3WW!) got her purring like a kitten again, and a lot of the part sources mentioned here on 3WW helped me to fill in the missing pieces. I'm pretty happy with the results, and having a ton of fun cruising around on it!

John

erectordale
11-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Looks good just be careful where you park it might not find it till snow flies (just kidding ) the camo looks better than most I've seen

jsimonh
11-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Is that camo tape? It looks really good. Nice job.

nouseforaname90
11-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Most of the time people try to camo their bikes, it looks like crap. But you did a very good job! What did you use?

85ytz250n
11-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Looks like camo cloth to me, but thats just a guess. Looks good man, its not always about speed on here. I have way more uses for a BigRed than for my Z, but I cant find a Red. Sometimes it is good to go a little slower and smell the roses.

Barry

Chevy n Honda
11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Nice machine !

I have one of these also, sorry I don't have a current picture.
This was camo when I got it but I have since removed the paint
since the plastic is in really good shape.
I love the old hardtails and this is my favorite ride.

C n H

bigreddaddy
11-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Good job man. Looks like a tough trike. The 250es in my avatar is one I bought about 2 months ago, not running. I paid $250 for it. I know have it running and am in the process of installing new wheel bearings, front and rear brakes and cables. Moving slow but doing it right.

iTsA81aTc200
11-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks guys. Yes, I used camo tape, Cabela's sells it in two different camo patterns. When I first got the trike it had been painted all in olive green, pretty ugly. My buddies thought it looked like something out of WWII that a German soldier would ride around on! The camo tape was a huge step up.

John