PDA

View Full Version : bassani silencer?

scooterroo
11-02-2006, 08:17 PM
looking for any info you all might have on these rare silencers. and was wondering if anybody knows where i might be able find one, perhaps somebody on here might have one they might wanna sell or something? anyone point me in the right direction? oh yeah i am looking for one for the 84-85 t3.

BigGreenMachine
11-02-2006, 09:27 PM
You have the Bassani headpipe right? Did you find that NOS one that Erik had I'm thinking about?

scooterroo
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah i got a NOS headpipe, got it from 250rbeast, a.k.a. allan. i havent recieved it yet, should be here tomorrow though. would really like to top it off with a silencer to match yah know.

jsimonh
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
There was a Tecate parted out on Ebay just a couple of days ago and the stock pipe had a Bassani silencer I think. You might could look back and offer the guy who bought it more money or something. The pipe was all green with the sheild painted silver.

I just took a minute and found the listing for you maybe it will lead to something for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/kawasaki-tecate-3-exhaust-system-bassani-silencer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQihZ006Q QitemZ160043670395QQrdZ1

scooterroo
11-03-2006, 06:18 AM
yeah i got out bid on it, lol. i wanted it bad too, but wasnt near the puter when auction was ending.

digity x
11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
whats the matter dont like the hot tip?

scooterroo
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
love the hottip, but a complete bassani exhaust would just be the frosting on the cake, yah know.

digity x
11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
frosting on cake huh'' well go see betty crocker haaaaaaaa scooterroo'' the hot tip i gave you is nice

scooterroo
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
especially since i polished it and repacked it. dude the pics of d.b's came out nice gonna be posting them up asap, gotta either upload all of em to photobucket, or resize all of them...

250rBeast
11-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Scott, that silencer pictured in the above linked auction is a painted bassani. It is not meant for the tecate but as we can see it will work with it. Anyhow, that pipe I sent you is not the ordinary "regular" bassani but the JWR which I am sure you know now. Anyhow, the JWR's all of them including for the 250R, accept a special aluminum silencer which I don't have anymore of except one last one on my 250R's JWR. But, the JWR will also accept the steel bassani silencer like the one pictured. I have several, NOS. Contact me with a photo of your JWR mounted up on your frame and the rear fender removed for clarity and I will try to get as close as possible, if you're interested. If not, no problem and good day to you friend.

Allan