PDA

View Full Version : Interco Swamp Lite tires?

ccdhowell
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I know that folks get tired of tire questions, but tires are kinda expensive and they won't take them back once you've bought them so I'm gonna ask my question anyway.

My Tecate, much to my amazement has factory rubber on it. I wouldn't think it would be the original tires, but I wouldn't think anyone would put original rubber back on a Tecate. Anyway, I'm looking for some new trail riding with ocassional moderate mud use. I've looked over all the myriad of choices available on the internet and maybe have settled on the Interco Swamp Lite's. Maybe have settled. I'm not concerned about traction in mud or on trails, I'm concerned about ride and handleing. Anyone run these tires? How do they ride? How do they handle? Do they slide around corners nicely?

Thanks, Chris

atctim
11-02-2006, 03:55 PM
those are an aggressive mud tire. I would not use them on a sport trike unless I did alot of mud / snow riding. They will not slide nicely, but rather bite hard and probably high side the wheeler if they bite hard enough. For the Tecate, if you are not too concerned about mud, but just want handling try either turf tamers, ITP holeshots or my new favorite sport trike tire, Kenda Claws

Here is a pic of the Kenda Claw I am speking of. If you Image search Google, most are a differnt Kenda Claw pattern:

http://justatv.com/pages/atv_tires_and_tube_images/kenda_claw.gif

SYKO
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
fast treckers 20x11x10 would be awesome for all around use, I have them on 2 of my machines and my buddy has them as well,

ccdhowell
11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
I reread my post and I didn't mean that I didn't need mud traction. I live in Louisiana, I see mud on almost every trail ride I go on. I know the Swamp Lite's will work in the mud, but will they work elsewhere too? Thanks guys.