PDA

View Full Version : stolen or not?

tri-z_250R
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
hey, is there anyone here who knows how to check the V.I.N. on a honda three wheeler to know if its been stolen or not. i'd like to check out this big red im about to buy. i want to get it registered if i do buy it, but im alittle leery about the price being so low. i know i've read things on here before about vin checks but i dont quite remember what i read exactly. if anyone can help me out please speak up. you can run the numbers yourself, or tell me how i can do it. thanks

MRPoopie
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
you get the vin and bring it to a police station and ask them to run the number

if its stolen they will want to know who has it :cry:

Billy Golightly
11-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Florida has a thing on their website where you can run motor vehicle VINS. I'd think your state would have the same. Try a Google search for MN stolen motor vehicle vin search or something similar.

Jim mac
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM
You gotta remember alot of folks just plain don't like three wheelers and are happy to find someone that will spend cash on one, especially if it needs any kind of work and they aren't mechanically inclined. So it might not be stolen, and the owner just wants to dump it.

yellowman
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
hey, is there anyone here who knows how to check the V.I.N. on a honda three wheeler to know if its been stolen or not. i'd like to check out this big red im about to buy. i want to get it registered if i do buy it, but im alittle leery about the price being so low. i know i've read things on here before about vin checks but i dont quite remember what i read exactly. if anyone can help me out please speak up. you can run the numbers yourself, or tell me how i can do it. thanks

I agree with MRPoopie. Local PD will gladly do a VIN check for you.

G-Ram
11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
^^ the only problem is, if it comes up stolen you WILL have to tell them where it's located and who's selling it...